WLS Coach or Accountabilty Partner??

serendipity2121
on 12/19/11 2:46 am - Memphis, TN
Anybody a WLS Coach or Accountabilty Partner? I'm just in my fourth week, but, I feel stagnant. My emotions are all over the map. I was so happy Saturday, and today I’m just really down. I was doing ok, but, feel uncomfortable, physically and emotionally. I feel bummed, because I’ve been sneaking in late evening snacks … a couple crackers here, a dab of peanut butter there, or a bit of cheese …. Only to go to bed and be uncomfortable. I'm not hungry when I do that. I note my snacks on my log, and still have low calories, but, still I feel like I lack so much self-control. Sometimes I feel like I drink too much too. This can’t be good; I believe I can stretch my pouch like that. My support groups will resume in January, but, I feel like I need someone to help me one on one now.

Jana101
on 12/19/11 4:16 am - NJ
I am having lap-band tomorrow and I have the same fear.  I have never been a 'volume' eater, but an emotional 'picker'.  I would also love to have a WLS accountability partner to help me deal with the emotions that lead me to pick.  I am so afraid that I will stymie my success by doing this!!
RosieSweetie21
on 12/20/11 8:07 pm
I am not a coach but get the carbs out! Plan a snack a few hours before bed, that is high protein. also, are you eating because you are bored or upset or watching too many food commercials on tv? Try to figure out what your pattern is. I noticed when I watched certain shows, I would get stressed out (medical shows and crime shows), and I would want a high carb, help me feel better snack. I stopped watching them! Also when I see food commercials or Cake Boss, I change the channel. I hope this helps you- Good Luck
GreenGardener
on 12/20/11 8:39 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 Step away from the carbs!   In me (and a lot of others), they alter brain chemistry so we are not thinking clearly.  No crackers -- not one!    There is a book by Judith Beck - can't remember the name - (google it or amazon it) -- it is a cognitive therapy book that teaches alot about addictive thinking.  the bottom line:  just because you have a feeling or a craving, does not mean you have to act on it.  It is temporary and it will pass.  Just like every other feeling you have ever had.  Drink water, then wait 10 minutes.  Then drink some more water and wait another 10 minutes.  IT WILL PASS.  Every time you resist, you strengthen your ability to resist the next time.  It's all about brain chemistry.  
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
J_J
on 12/20/11 9:10 pm - Barrie, Canada
Just FYI...the book is called the "Beck Diet Solution"...there is a group on OH dedicated to the book...you might want to check out.

paranoidmother21
on 12/20/11 11:39 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Beck Diet Solution is a great book. So is Thin Commandments. Both teach you ways to deal with the head issues that are currently side tracking you.

As far as coaches or accountability partners, I used the forums here and the support group from my surgeon's office. You're correct, we DO need that support. I hope you find yours soon!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active