help me please !!!

AnneGG
on 1/2/12 9:33 am
You're not failing, you're just learning what it takes. Just keep working at it. And be gentle with your tummy- it's still healing. So chew slowly and well- baby it with tiny bites.

Make yourself a plan and stick to it. Make sure you drink your protein and take your vitamins and drink your liquids- have that be your basic structure. Experiment with learning what foods you can tolerate- I couldn't tolerate eggs early out. Actually, I couldn't tolerate anything except fillet of sole early out because I was so nauseated for the first 4 months, but that's another story.

Each person's taste differs so much when it comes to protein shakes. The only one I can stomach is BSN Lean Dessert chocolate fudge, so that's my breakfast every single day. I make it with skim milk.

My routine is boring but predictable, and it's what I have found so far that works for me. The payoff is worth it a hundred times over!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

undergoingchange
on 1/2/12 12:19 pm
They told me at GNC that if I didn't like what I bought I could bring it back.  I had this happen at 3 different GNC stores.
JRthinner
on 1/2/12 12:54 pm
When can you start these shakes, etc.  My surgery was on 12/9 and I have not been able to have them yet?  I thought that they came later?
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 1:13 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Every surgeon has a different protocol;  my guy had me on pureed foods on discharge from the hospital, others I've read want liquids (!!) for a month.  Who knows??

Take it slowly, whatever you do. 

Try different protein samples.  Syntrax Nectar has samples of all 12 of their offereings.  I like their Lemon Tea and the Cappuccino, and they all mix with water, or even milk if you like.

Isopure Ultra Low and Zero Carb is available online and at GNC;  I have used the Ultra-low Carb Dutch Chocolate for six years for breakfast, and still like it,  Others I can't get past my nose!

If you get to a point where you are vomiting both food and liquids you might want to consider that you have a stricture forming.  In that case definitely call your surgeon right away.  He can do an EDG and if the stoma is healing shut he can stretch it out.  This is not an uncommon thing to happen, but it doesn't happen to everyone, so don't panic!!!

Good luck!
Most Active