very curious about the gas i have please help!

jenfasano
on 1/7/12 8:59 pm - CT
I had gastric bypass on dec 1.  I feel im doing ok physically, eating is a challenge but im trying to chew very slow , something im totally not used to lol!! Everything I eat and i mean everything gives me gas , as soon as i take a bite and swallow i have to burp constantly is this ordinary for someone at my stage??? Go****s frustrating, I think soup is probably the only thing that doesnt do it!! Any suffestions should i  be taking something ??
thank jen
AnneGG
on 1/7/12 9:09 pm
Remember that your insides are still healing from a very big assault.

I had a lot of gas early out, but it got better.

Gas X strips gotten in any drugstore can help. Maybe the way you are chewing is putting air into your food?

Keep practicing the habits you will need to have for the long term!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Kathleen W.
on 1/7/12 10:24 pm - Lancaster, PA
I'm just about 2 1/2 years old and still get gas.  I can give Pumba from "The Lion King" a run for his money.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Moma V.
on 1/8/12 2:17 am - Frogtown, OH
I am over 7 years out and still get gassy, about 15-20 minutes after eating.             Also when I wait to long to eat, I get dry gas?? like dry heaves, lol.  

Buy a good anti gas med.

BTW, eating is STILL a challenge for me!  My "tool" still works! 

Most Active