253 pounds lost...skin removal here I come (nervous!!!)

rocktheshade
on 1/9/12 2:06 am - Medway, MA
hi all,
I am on here all the time, but am one of those that reads but rarely comments...but I am so inspired by everyone!!
My before and after (so far) is below...
I just reached 250lbs lost!!  so exciting...really never thought I would lose this much when this whole journey began.  I was in a size 30 pant and a 5X shirt the day of my surgery.
today i wear a size 6 jeans (WHAT?!?!!?) but i still where an XL shirt because i hate for my shirts to cling to my extra skin.
I am scheduled to have my arms done and both my lower and upper stomach and a tummy tuck on February 16th.
Insurance is paying for my lower stomach.  so funny how they will pay for below the belly button,. but not above.  I have just as much skin above as I do below.  I have 250 lbs of extra skin!  i was hoping they would cover more.  at this point for my arms and upper stomach I will be paying $9000 out of pocket.
My legs, back, butt and breasts are horrible too, not sure what else I will have done, as insurance will not pay for any of it.
The only one i wish i could have done now is my back, because i am going to have this great front stomach and them a flabby back...oh well.
I have a bunch of before "skin" pictures.  i jsut need the courage to post them.
anyway.  i am super nervous and not able to talk to manyy people about it, so i fugred i would come here and just vent.  thanks for listening!! i am off to look at all of the before and afters of skin removal surgery on here.

320 pounds GONE forever!!!

start 455/ current 135

csiaj90
on 1/9/12 2:23 am
You look absolutely fantastic! And so happy in your after picture. Keep us updated on your process as you have your plastic surgery!

SavingGrace
on 1/9/12 2:25 am
Your post has me completly intrigued!! Kudos to you!! Your weight loss is amazing! When I am finished losing weight I want to have a tummy tuck, but I am not as brave as you!! and quite frankly I'm not sure how to go from point A to point B. Was it hard to get it all approved from the insurance company? I'm so sorry I'm not meaning to be nosey just really curious!! Thanks!

rocktheshade
on 1/9/12 3:07 am - Medway, MA
hi!!! once my GB surgeon gave me the go-ahead, the process went rather quickly.
I had an appointement with the plastic surgeon at my hospital within a month.  They took tons of pictures and went through everything with me.  Then they submitted the paperwork to insurance and I was approved within a few days.  i have HArvard Pilgrim Insurance in MA.  They only agreed to cover the lower abdomen.  I knew the rest wouldn't be covered, but i was still hoping.

Once i was approved and set up payment, I was able to schedule the surgery.  I was approved late Novemer and because of work, I needed to wait until February to have the surgery, but I could have had it done in December.  I am glad i waited, helped to prepare me mentally a little more.
i am scared, but excited.  i am so curious to see what i will look like, and if i will lose more weight from the skin removal.
any questions let me know!!
mkbeany
on 1/9/12 2:30 am
Awesome job!

Be sure to come over to the Plastics Forum.

Lots of good info and people with experience there.

They have helped me so much thru this journey.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Matt2011
on 1/9/12 3:03 am - Moorhead, MN
 Wow, you look amazing. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

Juan P.
on 1/9/12 3:11 am - NC
1st - You look Amazing...

2nd - It is my understanding that there are places that will do the plastic surgery for free because the skin would be used for fire victims.

Not sure how much help that would be but it doesnt help to pass it on...
- Juan P - "Be True to Thyself and To Thyself be True"

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/9/12 3:31 am
Coongartulations and good luck.
BTW: I had PS - LBL and Breast lift. I consider my breast lift - the best money ever spent. lol.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cindy T.
on 1/9/12 3:41 am - Newaygo, MI
 You look amazing...the difference is....WOW. Great job!! 

Isn't it funny? Before surgery, the thought of having all the extra skin and sagging parts crossed but never really lingered on in my mind.  I just needed to get the weight off and start living again.  I guess I figured that it couldn't be any worse than being 318 lbs.  Well, it's not.  Not really.  But it does suck.     However, the thought of having all the PS done to remove the skin is a bit terrifying for me...not sure why.  

Wish you the best in your journey!
Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!  

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 3:47 am - Newark, DE
Regarding your breasts...  Insurance will pay for a breast reduction (and lift included) if your doctor documents it as a necesity.  Talk to your PCP and see if you can work that out with your insurer (I have AETNA).  I had a breast reduction, tummy tuck and hernia repair (all in one) and did great.  I wish you well.

Peace and good.

Most Active