Thanks to a pre-op

Cathy W.
on 1/11/12 2:40 am
I was talking with a pre-op as she shared her story with me.  She talked about her co-morbidities, the reasons why she wants WLS and how much it will mean to her and her family.  I was so touched by so many things she shared.  It made me think back to myself pre-op, my co-morbidities that included diabetes (not a problem since my surgery) and the poor quality of my life back then.

Fast forward to today.  How different my health and my life is now.  For me, it was a wonderful walk down my WLS memory lane but also a huge jolt of motivation. 

Today, I feel very grateful.

~ Cathy
desertdancer
on 1/11/12 3:12 am
 Wonderful Post!!! 

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

Kate -True Brit
on 1/11/12 3:30 am - UK

Cathy, so true, and such a good idea to remember how it used to feel in the " bad old days"!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

AnneGG
on 1/11/12 3:41 am
Man o man, do I remember my pre-op days, and for sure I never want to go there again!

It is so important to keep it green in terms of motivation. I keep old fat pictures on my frig and bathroom mirror.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/11/12 6:35 pm - Burleson, TX

CATHY-totally get what you're saying

I love talking to newbies-both online and IRL. I GET so much more than I ever GIVE. Their wide eyed excitement just boils over, making me want to set a better example, and not be a "hypocrite post op", esp as a SGL.

My journey has certainly not been all fairy farts and rainbows, and I NEED to be reminded of the insurance hoops, frustrations, etc I went thru pre-op, to help me appreciate the blessings I have been given

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active