pre surgery diet concern

Arieschick33
on 1/14/12 6:11 am - Lusby, MD
RNY on 01/17/12

I'm having gastric bypass Tuesday and not gonna lie...I have struggled at times with the liquid diet. In the beginning I did only liquid protein, which I HATE. I got frustrated and called my nutrionist and she said I could have some lean protein daily so that has helped. I have cheated, not perfect. The best part is I have lost 14lbs so at least it feels like I'm doing something right! My biggest issue has been finding protein drinks that I can stomach...the smell and taste is yucky! I'm searching now for fruity drinks because I am sooo tired of chocolate! Best wishes to you!

Sparklegigi
on 1/14/12 3:36 pm - La Verne, CA
it was important to me not to cheat on the 14 day liquid diet.  It was so tough too, but I had a huge list of items that I could drink.  I had such an urge to chew so I ate the sugar free popsicles on my list for the crunch.  A few days out I went through the carb withdrawal.  Keep the tylenol handy! You can do it, its to shrink your liver which is in the way of the stomach that your dr will be working on.

rthomas1964
on 1/16/12 3:20 am - Orlando, FL
I did my 2 week liquid diet during the Thanksgiving holidays and I was so proud of myself that I didn't cheat. It was soooo hard but I did it and lost 22lbs prior to surgery. I wanted everything to go right so I was determined.

HW: 330 4/2011; pre surgery wt:313; surgery wt: 295

MsBatt
on 1/20/12 4:46 am
If you cheat, do it with protein.

Most Active