self pay info for vsg

Gabesmom128
on 2/2/12 12:19 am
 I am in the US and looking for a surgeon that does VSG. This will be a self pay surgery. Does anyone have info on a good surgeon who has a special going or a good price in general? Thanks in advance.
rhidunn
on 2/2/12 12:35 am - Annapolis, MD
I had my VSG done in 2008 with Dr Baltasar in Spain.  Even with the exchange rate between the Euro and the Dollar (which has improved DRAMATICALLY since then) and the airfare, accommodations, etc. - it was the same/less than having it done here.  Please feel free to pm me for more information/details. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/12 12:39 am
where in the US are you?
revision from lapband to sleeve with dr stewart in denton, tx = $12, 500....lower if first WLS, but can't recall.
Gabesmom128
on 2/2/12 12:44 am
 I am in Tennessee but willing to drive far if need be. 
MsBatt
on 2/2/12 11:42 am
Have you talked with Dr. Hugh Houston, in Nashville? Or Dr. Al Spaw? I know they both do the VSG, but I have no clue about the price.

If you're willing to go to CA, there is, or was recently, a self-pay option out there that sounded really good. Check on the link in my sig, and ask Diana Cox.

emelar
on 2/2/12 2:09 am - TX
Check in the Dallas area.  Texas is over-saturated with bariatric surgeons, so the prices are pretty reasonable.  I loved my surgeon, but I went through the Baylor Weight Loss Clinic with insurance so I'm not sure what he or they would charge for a self-pay.  You can also check out Dr. Kuhn or Castro.  I've heard nothing but good things about both of them.
MacMadame
on 2/2/12 12:01 pm - Northern, CA
Tons of surgeons do this procedure. Go to your State Board and ask around for who are the best surgeons and go to the VSG board and ask who people have had good experiences with in Tennesse. You should get several names.

If you want one of the "fathers" of the VSG, then Roslin on the East Coast and my surgeon, Cirangle, on the West Coast are also worth looking into. But you're going to have to fly to use them and there are probably excellent, experienced surgeons within driving distance to you.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MARIA F.
on 2/2/12 2:03 pm - Athens, GA

I have been researching a revision to VSG in Mexico since I will be self-pay also. It's a little cheaper there.

FormerlyFluffy.com

myladybug101
on 2/2/12 2:17 pm
VSG on 05/23/12
There is a Dr. Washington, with whom my niece and daughter-in-law have VGS scheduled on 4/25/11.  He charges $8,000 all inclusive.  He is in South Carolina and the phone # is 1-843-347-3900.  Good Luck!  Other than that, I am scheduled with Dr. Almanza in Tiijuana, Mexico in May.  His price, all inclusive is $5000.

Gabesmom128
on 2/3/12 1:58 am
 Thanks...good info
Most Active