depression.cry all day

Amykins512
on 2/4/12 2:02 am - PA
Im so depressed. Cry all day. I wonder why i did this. Im so hungry and no not head hungry. Definetly going to go see someone next week. Please tell me this gets better
AnneGG
on 2/4/12 2:16 am
Things will get better, I promise.

I'm very glad you are going to see someone because that can help a lot, and so can medication.

You don't say when you had surgery or if this is surgery related- is it?

But this too shall pass, especially with help and support.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Amykins512
on 2/4/12 2:23 am - PA
Jan 23 was my surgery.
AnneGG
on 2/4/12 2:33 am
Early on after surgery can be pretty tough- there are a lot of emotions and loss to cope with. I was a basket case some of the time, and couldn't stop crying either. Went through boxes of Kleenex.

It got much better, and it will for you, too!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

RainDiva
on 2/4/12 10:05 am
you are still in shock, I went thru the same thing. It DOES get so much better. Its hell the first two weeks for sure. But Trust me you will get this in no time. I remember how frustrated I was because everything was so new and I couldnt get the required water and protein in some days I still struggle with it. But you did the right thing wait til the pounds start dropping and you have more energy take care and let me know if you want to talk

Judi J.
on 2/4/12 2:24 am - MN
Are you getting enough fluids in? Some people feel hungry and find out they are thirsty. I've known a few people *****ally were hungry though but start drinking more first to find out if that is you.

You just underwent major surgery and your body is still adjusting. Hang in there. Judi
M M
on 2/4/12 3:11 am
 Regret - you has it.

It will pass.  It WILL pass.  For now - can you consider things to come... things to look forward to...
Miss_Kitty
on 2/4/12 3:11 am - New Bedford, MA
Any surgery, especially one as major as WLS, traumatizes the body. You don't only need to heal physically, you need to heal psychologically too. Go to google and do a search on post surgical depression. It will explain things way better than I can. Also, try to find a counselor or psychologist who specializes in this field. Your doc or surgeon may be able to refer you to someone. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

kimbethin
on 2/4/12 3:30 am - CA
At about the same time frame post-op I found myself really emotional.  I was told to blame it on hormones released from fat cells during the initial rapid weight loss.  It felt like a really severe PMS.  I got past it and 7 months and 88 pounds later, I know vsg was the best decision I ever made.  You'll feel better soon!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
shasta101
on 2/4/12 4:21 am
RNY on 03/20/12
I have not had surgery yet but have dealt with depression most of my life. I Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You may have to get on a light anti-depressant to help you thru this. 

Most Active