Aetna Gastric Bypass approval on 2/16...Yippie

Lnbaker0506
on 2/18/12 1:28 am - Nocross, GA
RNY on 03/22/12
I have been approved for surgery and I am waiting for the approval letter in the mail before my surgery will be scheduled. I am excited, anxious and worried...not sure what it will be like. I have read what to expect but how will my experience be? Will I be able to go back to work in two days? When can I start to exercise?
specialone
on 2/18/12 2:32 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
CONGRATS ON THE APPROVAL!!!! EVERYBODY'S JOURNEY IS DIFFERENT BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE "THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY AND YOUR TIME TO SHINE"! ROCK YOUR SLEEVE WHEN YOU GET IT"!!!! YOUR GOING TO BE ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER FROM NOW UNTIL SURGERY DAY! KEEP US POSTED!!
    S/W233        
Lnbaker0506
on 2/18/12 2:37 am - Nocross, GA
RNY on 03/22/12
Thank you. I will definitely keep you posted!
Dorathea
on 2/18/12 5:38 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Congrats!  I just got my approval letter for my revision.  LOL!  I still don't know if I am getting a bypass or a sleeve.  Just don't get the insurance speak in the letter and I am a pharmacist.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Barb H.
on 2/18/12 8:36 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
Trust me, you won't feel like going back to work in 2 days. I just revised from the band to RNY just over 3 weeks ago and I'm glad I'm not working right now. I have zero pain but I get tired a lot. I'm also 57 so that might have something to do with it.

You will want time off for several reasons including time to allow your body to recover from the anesthesia, not to mention the surgery itself. Plus you'll be learning a whole nuther way of eating and it takes some time to wrap your brain around it.

All the best to you and keep us posted, k?
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Most Active