Is there any value in protein "shots" for anyone else???

Linda B.
on 2/25/12 4:33 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I did not find this forum until after DH had his VSG, I thought I had struck gold when I found those protein shots. Well, now we know that they are not appropriate for bariatric needs. The quesion is, does anyone know if they are good for other needs? I have a lot of them in the pantry that DH will never use, so I need to determine if there is a population that could use them so I can give them away. If there is a need, I'd sure rather give them to someone than throw them out.
AnneGG
on 2/25/12 5:07 am
Maybe for someone who works out a lot? But even then they aren't absorbed well. Collagen protein is made from animal hooves, bones and skin. Yuck.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Mary Catherine
on 2/25/12 5:48 am
 They are supposed to be good for our hair and nails.  I would just add them to sugarfree jello to get rid of them.  I used a lot of them when I first had surgery and think they were good for me.
NanaRose142
on 2/25/12 12:21 pm - TX
I would just use them in jello like you did before.  Maybe you would get a "bit" of something good for your hair and nails.  I am like you, would hate to toss them if they could be used for something good.  It is bad that the people at the stores don't fill you in before you buy a ton of them.
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
seattledeb
on 2/25/12 11:07 am
 They are an incomplete expensive crappy tasting waste of money.

Most Active