Hot Hands

rness
on 3/6/12 3:52 am - Champlin, MN
So Im almost 3 years out and have been holding strong and keeping the weight off. Recently I have been experiencing weird weird phenomena when eating. About 5 minutes into eating, my hands will start to get red, hot and puffy. Starting at the fingertips gradually working up to my wrists. My feet swell and I get red blotches on my face. What gives!! I do have an appt with an allergist to see if I have suddenly developed a food allergy but it is just weird. They call me “hot hands" at work. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Surgery 278/ Current 152   

AnneGG
on 3/6/12 4:45 am, edited 3/6/12 4:45 am
Never heard of this one! Please keep us posted!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

qnmimi
on 3/6/12 9:28 am - Cottage Grove, MN
May not be a food allergy, but an ideopathic (means they don't know why)allergic (histimine release) response to the act of eating...??? Have you tried antihistimines like claritin to see if that helps?

Most Active