Would you?

MARIA F.
on 5/8/12 2:49 pm - Athens, GA
So I'm posting this on the Main Forum also since I know there are a lot of FORMER bandsters that no longer frequent the Lap-Band Forum:

In January, House Democratic lawmakers called for hearings on medical devices including Lap-Band, following a study in the medical journal Archives of Surgery, that found almost half of patients with a gastric band had no weight loss or needed the device removed after six years. More than 40 percent had long- term complications.

So I ask you.......If you knew in advance this info............would you have gotten the band???

FormerlyFluffy.com

Anne D.
on 5/8/12 3:38 pm
No I would not have gotten the band, I'm glad it's gone, love my vsg!

AnneGG
on 5/8/12 7:08 pm
I originally wanted the band, even went into surgery for it, but they couldn't place it because of my huge hiatal hernia. So I ended up with my RNY, which I am so grateful for even though maintenance is a ***** I am grateful I di not get the band.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

MyLady Heidi
on 5/9/12 2:29 am
When I was making my decision back in 2005 I knew the band was crap, it had parts that could deteriorate and break down, the same reason I would never have breast implants is the reason I would never put that sort of thing in my body.  Just more problems later on.  And that decision I made 7 years ago.  I was a one and done wls person, I had every intention of making it work and if it didn't I wouldn't have tried again.  Thats just not me.
Snowberry
on 5/9/12 2:34 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I did not know all this, but I still knew I didn't want the band.  I have a family member who got the band two years ago and she has lost very little weight.  She looks the same today as she did before her surgery.  My nutritionist and my surgeon also did not recommend the band, so I never even considered it.

Most Active