BOB

jstansel57
on 8/9/12 3:59 pm
Band over Bypass? What are your thoughts? I am scheduled on Aug 23 and I am so undecided. I need the good, bad, and the ugly. Thanks so much. This site is a lifesaver.
Amy R.
on 8/9/12 10:29 am, edited 8/9/12 10:31 am
I don't know a lot about it other than from anecdotal evidence here on the OH forums.  It DOES seem to be effective for some.  I know Carnie Wilson just did it but don't know what her results have been.

On OH, the most successful BOB I know of is Liza Beezee (I think that's her name - I will check my friends list after I post this and correct it if it's wrong.  She had a lot of success with the procedure and seems to be very knowledgable about it.

The downside is that she is the only one that I know of specifically that has had success.  I've seen many more stories of the procedure failing.  I can see how it would work physiologically and ideally I suppose, but stories about the band are just so negative and plentiful that I would probably think and re-think and re-think again before I did this.

You might check the revisions board.  Sometimes there is info on this over there.

Best of luck to you on your journey=)

edited to add Lisa's profile: 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/lisabeezee/
poet_kelly
on 8/9/12 5:35 pm - OH
On August 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM Pacific Time, jstansel57 wrote:
Band over Bypass? What are your thoughts? I am scheduled on Aug 23 and I am so undecided. I need the good, bad, and the ugly. Thanks so much. This site is a lifesaver.
Personally, I would not get a band if you paid me to do it.  The average weight loss is pretty low and the complication rate is really high.  If I needed a revision, I would consider DS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

denise0530
on 8/9/12 7:14 pm - PA
RNY on 05/16/12
I had the bypass in May, I wouldn't contemplate the band because you have to keep going back for adjustments.  I have had not issues and am happy with my decision.

Denise Marie SW 248 CW 156 Roux-en-Y 5/16/12                        

MacMadame
on 8/9/12 7:18 pm - Northern, CA
A friend of mine had it done and has been very successful, losing all her excess weight and keeping it off for over 4 years now.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Valerie G.
on 8/10/12 4:30 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 The band is giving issues to the virgin patients.  Why would you ever consider putting yourself up for a third surgery willingly?  I say third because it's been determined that the band is not to be considered a permanent solution.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active