miserable!

akjustagirl
on 1/8/13 1:34 am
RNY on 04/09/12

I think that all of our bodies are different.  Saying her doctor is not smart may be going a bit far.  I too take Flinstones Complete.  I have since day one (surgery date 4/9/12).  My 6 month labs were perfect.  I am not lacking anything.  I am not saying that Flinstones are for everyone but they work for me!

southernlady5464
on 1/8/13 4:29 am

If your labs are not at the top of each range (and you have seen a copy yourself, not just heard the nurse/nut/doctor say they are IN normal range) then they are not perfect. Also if you are not keeping them on a spreadsheet to spot trends you could be headed for trouble.

And I stand by my statement, surgeons only get ONE hour of nutritional classes in med school...her doctor is NOT smart when it comes to vitamins, he's a SURGEON!

Flintstones (The #1 Pediatricians' Recommended Brand of Kids Multivitamins) are marketed for CHILDREN. If you insist on gummies, at least use a brand that has the same level as Centrum Multi.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

akjustagirl
on 1/8/13 5:37 am
RNY on 04/09/12

FYI, they are not gummies.  They are chewables.

frantex361
on 1/8/13 12:45 am

hi jewel18023, thank you for your reply. i just started yesterday taking two centrum multivitamin chewables, 2 b12 & 3 calcium chews. today i feel a bit better but i think its cause im still lacking vit d & iron. today im going to corpus christi to find these two vitamins. i really look forward to any advice you could share with me. my email is [email protected] and my number is 361-228-3508 if you want to txt. im also on facebook if you would like to add me if you are also on fb. hoping today is a better day. Thanks again.

Francis Soliz

carebearsuzzan
on 1/7/13 8:20 am - CA

I had my surgery 12/22/11 I regretted mine for about 3 months then all of a sudden you u get energy you feel better and feel like doing so much more!!! i promise it gets better i felt just like this i remember saying to my husband if this is what i signed up for i dont want to live yeah! so just stay focused bc the month after i said that i started taekwondo with my kids and results were awesome please keep your chin up add me if you want or email me [email protected]  we can extange phone numbers and ill get you through this :)  please know , we feel worse before we get better:) hope this helps   xoxo suzzan 

laugh      

Best Thing in the world I ever Did:) thank you Dr.Peter Crookes and Stacee Cutter for being my back bone to this:)))))

frantex361
on 1/8/13 12:37 am

hi carebearsuzzan, thank you sooo much for those words of encouragement. at times ive felt overwhelmed with all the vitamins, portion control, limitations and after care instructions. i have down days more than good. i want to join the gym but i am always too tired to just get out of the house! i recently ( yesterday) started taking two multivitamins & 2  b12 plus my 3 calcium chews. i still need to get iron & vit d. today im going to a nearby city to find those vitamins. i suppose the reason for feeling so down is lack of vitamins. thankfully i have NO pain whatsoever. i would like to join zumba but im worried it may cause me to burn too many calories. i am down from 229 to 198 as of yesterday. my email is [email protected] & number is 361-228-3508 if you ever want to txt.

hope everyday is a better day!

southernlady5464
on 1/8/13 12:41 am

Please take your email and esp your phone number out...hackers read these posts...it IS an open forum after all.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

frantex361
on 1/8/13 2:34 am

thanks southernlady5464, but how. having trouble deleting it.

southernlady5464
on 1/8/13 4:30 am

Report your own post and ask the mods to delete the phone number.

Diabolique
on 1/8/13 2:29 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12

Frantex,

I am sorry that you are not feeling well.  Congrats on making it to ONEderland and hang in there. 

Zumba sounds like fun.  Maybe you should sign up.  It may help tighten the skin.

Most Active