POST OP 4 DAYS OUT.. ANYONE ELSE WONDERING HOW YOUR FEELING

rylex2
on 1/24/13 10:26 am - PA
Triedto stay a bit active today.. pretty much in pain. I don't understand walk walk walk and night comes and I am in pain. Not gas pain pretty scared to just try and relax. I had my 64 oz of water ..cup of broth and a cup of tea. Is that enough?

Valerie G.
on 1/24/13 9:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

How far out are you?  You want to move but its easy to over-do things if you're early in recovery.  It looks like you got plenty of fluids which is fantastic, however now you want to start adding protein to the mix.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rylex2
on 1/24/13 9:29 pm - PA
Had surgery on Monday. I was told no protein shakes yet.. what else with protein

Valerie G.
on 1/24/13 10:00 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

They must be starting you off really slow.  If you can have full liquids, though, a kefir smoothie (think liquid yogurt) has the benefit of protein and probiotics.  They are on the top shelf at Walmart and probably in the organic hippie section of your grocery store if they're not by the yogurt.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LN040768
on 1/24/13 11:38 pm - Fairless Hills, PA

i was told in the first week just worry about getting your fluids in. the 2nd week you will start your proteins. The nurses, "NUT" and dr told me to only worry about hydrating the first week out.

Pre Op weight  - 230 (heaviest weight)

Surgery weight - 217

Goal weight - 120

rylex2
on 1/24/13 11:47 pm - PA
U made me laugh.. nurses scared me so bad. I went to Shoprite this morning to walk and get tea .I am going to nap .. then run to the mall.. walk before the snow prob nap again. Still not sleeping well. What does your days consist of?
LN040768
on 1/24/13 11:55 pm - Fairless Hills, PA
rylex2
on 1/25/13 4:31 am - PA
JJ_
on 1/25/13 6:35 pm, edited 1/25/13 6:35 pm

Please remove your phone numbers from the internet.  There are too many crazy people available.

rylex2
on 1/25/13 10:34 pm - PA
Ty.. I will
Most Active