hi fat nausea?

robertabreton
on 2/6/13 3:55 am - WA

I've been happily eating fat and dropping wt for 5 days. Now nausea after fat is a problem. Gallbladder removed years ago. Nausea started when i added dairy fat-cheddar, cream. Before fat from avocado-2 or 3 a day, no prob. Not lactose intolerant. Ideas for other fat? What might be problem?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/6/13 4:09 am

processed food vs. natural fat... Your issue may be liver ... even if you do not have GB - the liver still needs to produce the bile... I get that if I eat too many processed fats..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cajungirl
on 2/6/13 5:21 am

I've dealt with some nausea from fat too, just since my gallbladder removal.  Some of the same foods you mention above including avocado and mayonnaise does it to me also.  No suggestion just wanted to let you know it's possibly due to no gallbladder. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

TXKashmir
on 2/6/13 9:54 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

You don't mention what surgery you had, but I will tell you that with my RNY, I do sometimes feel nauseous after eating foods high in fat. It's not quite like dumping which I will get after consuming simple carbs, just a general queasy feeling. You may want to stick to the healthier fats like the afore-mentioned avocado, nuts, olive oil, etc.

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Most Active