Stall from hell

KnitsByMama
on 2/14/13 4:41 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

What the heck is going on?!?! The scale has not moved in almost 3 weeks. I'm very diligent on what I eat & drink. I track everything on MFP, I'm usually around or under 600 calories a day and under 50gm carbs a day as well. The only think I can think of is that the 1st week of my stall I was on my period, then starting with the 2nd week I started working out, hitting the gym and either spinning or treadmill for 30 mins 4x a week. I'm starting ballet class too on Tuesday. 

I know, I know, it's not just about numbers on the scale. I do measure myself and I measure once a month, tomorrow is measuring day but COME ON!!! Why won't it budge?!? I could understand if I wasn't doing what I should be, but it seems like adding in the exercise (finally) has brought me to a stand still and this is NOT fun. 

End rant. 

walterswife
on 2/14/13 10:59 am
I am wondering if you are eating enough. Eating too little can be as bad as eating too much. How much protein are you getting?

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

walterswife
on 2/15/13 7:19 pm

Of course we need protein whiich is why I asked how much protein she was getting. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

shoutjoy
on 2/14/13 6:13 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi there,

I have to agree.  I don't think you are eating enough and your metabolism is eating away at your muscle.  Metabolism needs energy, fuel and it seems you are not giving it enough.  I know this sounds scary but the body needs fuel to live, move and be healthy.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Kathleen W.
on 2/14/13 6:20 pm - Lancaster, PA

At  4 months  out and at 600 calories, your body is going into starvation mode.   You need to feed your body, especially when adding exercise to your routine.  You might want to check with the dietician/nutritionist at the center where you had your surgery to get futher input.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/13 3:56 am

I remember a similar post that I made when I was losing weight.  I was told to increase my calories, and I chose not to listen to them since starvation mode is a MYTH.  So, my stall finally broke, right after my TOM and I proceeded to lose 10 pound in ten days.  I am glad I waited it out.  (It did totally suck when it was happening and I think it broke right after I posted).  My post is still around here somewhere, so is my happy post when it broke.  Hang in there, maybe lower your carbs to under 40 and increase protein while keeping the calories the same.  Just my two cents for what they are worth.

KnitsByMama
on 2/15/13 4:41 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Thank you Elina. This is my first major stall so I'm kinda freaking out a bit! 

I will keep doing what I'm doing because I know I'm doing well and following plan, so I will just wait for it to break!

frisco
on 2/15/13 4:00 am

Your doing just fine !!!!

Keep doing what your doing and stay consistent..... do not start the wig wagging thing..... consistency will win every time in the long run.

Don't listen to the add calories..... that's a trap. It's very hard to reduce calories after you find out your consuming to many......

Your body will run fine on stored fat..... that's how you lose weight..... a caloric deficit..... just keep your protein and fluids up !

Starvation mode....... a myth ????

Keep your protein high...... 70g min. 80g better, over 90g best.

Carbs below 40g

Fluids over 64oz. with an aim for 100

Calories 600-800 range. Where you are is just fine. I was about the same at 3-4 months out.

Just keep doing what your doing all the way to goal !!!! 

Than in maintenance you can get experimental and find your tolerances !!!!

Lots of people get to experimental during WL and either have a hard time making goal or never reach it.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

KnitsByMama
on 2/15/13 4:43 am, edited 2/15/13 4:44 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Thank you Frisco! 

I knew adding calories wasn't the right thing and did not want to do that. Glad I didn't do this. But, when you've been stuck for 3 weeks, you get desperate to get it moving again! LOL. I will keep doing what I'm doing and possibly trying to up the protein & fluids even more a little bit since I know I'm on the low end of suggested amounts. 

walterswife
on 2/15/13 4:24 am
Most Active