Two Questions

michaela67
on 3/2/13 11:18 pm

If your going to dump does it happen immeditley??? And if all your eating is protein how do I get regular with using the bathroom?? It seems like im going every 4 day which dosent seem right to me

TXKashmir
on 3/3/13 12:27 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Dumping usually happens fairly quickly - for me, it will be within 5-15 minutes of eating the "culprit" food.

As far as the constipation, do a search here - you will find a bazillion posts with a jillion suggestions. Yes, it is that common of an issue!

Good luck to you!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

selhard
on 3/3/13 11:14 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I avoid any possible culprit food in hopes I never become part of the "I have experienced dumping" club.  So far, so good.

I was hoping to avoid being one of the bazillion jillion with a constipation problem.  Once I reached 65 grams of protein per day, unfortunately, I have joined that club.  My doctor recommends Senekot S, but I have chosen Miralax instead.  

mickeymantle
on 3/3/13 12:53 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

some people do good drinking a herb tea that is sold for constipation others add fiber to ther diet , a lot need to take daily laxatives

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

antoniopablo
on 3/3/13 1:55 pm - AZ

Taking Laxatives are the good option if you choose herbal laxatives !! 

vav626
on 3/6/13 3:07 am

I HIGHLY recommend FLAXSEED! I put 2 tablespoons in my protein shake every morning and it keeps me very regular!! I buy the kind that's ground up. But they also sell pills!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1279 views