HELP 40 Pounds Back On HELP

marthamarion
on 3/24/13 7:19 am - Titusville, FL

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

I can't believe that I am writing this, but I need to take the first step to get HELP!!!!!

In the past 3 years my life has change so much that I have lost my way.........I move 8 hours from family.......my mom die..........I had 2 surgeries.......started drinking coke , all day...........not drinking my protein...........I'm off the WLS wagon  and have gain 40 pounds.  I am sick and afaird that I will be back at 240 or more if I don't stop this now.  I need your help of what to do.  I am 3 years out of pratcie and need your advice.  I am 9 years post op.  I live in a very small town no support group, so you are my support group!!!

Martha

Kathleen W.
on 3/24/13 9:21 am - Lancaster, PA

Ok, take a DEEP LONG breath. You can lose 40.  What did you do in the beginning? Remember?  Get off the soda.  It's not helping.  Get your vitamins, fluids, protein, and excercise in. Weigh everything and write it down.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

marthamarion
on 3/25/13 5:28 am - Titusville, FL

As of today no more soda!!!  I have been on my vitamins and water.   I need to start from the beginning, weighting and writeing everything down.

Thank you for the post it helps!!!

Martha

booksgiver
on 3/24/13 9:28 am

Hi, I'm no expert on weight loss and I'm not even an expert on weight loss surgery yet, BUT, I am an expert on feeling helpless, out of control, and even desperate.  I had to respond to your post because I understand exactly how you feel.  I think that the fact that you posted here demonstrates clearly that you're ready to start over.  The truth for all of us is that we can never really get to the point where we're safe from relapsing into the old ways of overeating and eating the wrong things.  Life hurts and just like any other creature we seek comfort and solace, often in ways that just hurt us more.  We must tell ourselves over and over that self destructive eating is a deception, a lie, and will cheat us out of everything we really want.  Take a deep breath, and maybe have an crisp apple with cinnamon the next time you want to eat.  Start reading the blogs and stories here and take inspiration from others who "know" how it is.  Discover green chai tea or a carbonated flavored water the next time you reach for a coke.  Believe in small changes and great success.  We can do this! It's always going to be a one day at a time sort of thing and for me accepting this was important.

Booksgiver

marthamarion
on 3/25/13 5:37 am - Titusville, FL

Thank you for your post!!!!!

After reading this post I stay up all night reading about WLS.  As of today no more soda!! I would love to talk with you more if that would be okay with you?

Martha

booksgiver
on 3/25/13 10:50 am

Hi Martha, I'd be honored to be your buddy!

Sandra

marthamarion
on 3/28/13 11:02 pm - Titusville, FL

Great I'll message you.

MsBatt
on 3/25/13 11:49 am

Booksgiver, I know you're new at this. For post-op WLS patients, a 'good' snack would be more like a piece of cheese or meat (high in protein), rather than an apple (high in sugar/carbs.)

Welcome to OH. I hope you'll research ALL FOUR forms of WLS before you choose your surgeon and surgery type. Be sure to visit the Revision board, too. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/

karenp8
on 3/24/13 9:35 am - Brighton, IL

You can do this Martha if you set your mind to it! The soda needs to go as well as any processed carbs like bread or rice or pasta. You need to take your vitamins every day and get 60 grams of protein at least a day. Write down everything you eat and record the exercise you do as well. If you haven't been exercising start now. You can do this if you put the work into it.

marthamarion
on 3/25/13 5:30 am - Titusville, FL

Thank you for your support.

Martha

Most Active