LIVE TO LIVE

Debra W.
on 3/31/13 3:21 am - MI

Surgery in 2006 lost 100 lbs....was happy..... Last March 2012 I stopped smoking, haven't had a cigarette since. Caused me to gain 50 lbs.  I also stopped paying attention to what went in my mouth.  Ice cream pie, candy..I was far enough out from surgery that there wasn't any reprocussions...mainly because I turned everything into "Slider Foods" Eat what you want and "wash" each bit with a drink!!  BUT I can now walk up and down the riverbank without gasping for air!!!

Then in July 2012, I stopped drinking carbonated beverages, or commonly known as DIET PEPSI and replaced it for the summer with Crystal Lite. In September I began to only drink water with the exception of a few alcoholic beverages.

In March I went on another quest, to loose the 50 lbs I gained from not smoking and enjoying all those slider foods.The first day I stepped back on the scale at home was 3/7/2013 (I have always been weighed at the doctors so I knew what I had gained). Since 3/7/2013 thru 3/31/2013 I have lost 11 lbs!

I have not been dieting, but I have been choosing my foods wisely. I have found that I am not hungry and I though I miss my chocolate, I do satisfy my sweet tooth with a serving of sugar free chocolate pudding! I even will eat lunch out occasionally with a Jimmy John Turkey Unwich! All the fixings wrapped in lettuce with the mayo just no bread! I consistently aim to have 1300 calories per day.

April now brings the next step in my "live to live" plan. I will be walking 30 minutes daily. If not first thing in the morning then that evening. I am determined in this activity as well. I stopped smoking, I stopped drinking diet pepsi, given up the chocolate and I know I can be successful in my physical activity. 

I am fortunate in that I have a husband who is extremely supportive as well as my family. I love them all enough to continue to strive in my quest to "live to live"!!

Deb W.

Friendlybyte
on 3/31/13 9:18 pm - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

angry  Well done my dear!!  You knew what you needed to do to get back on the road to weight loss and your doing it!! broken heart

Member Services
on 4/1/13 3:49 am - Irvine, CA

Great post Debra!  Thank you for sharing and the inspiration it give us 

Most Active