Protein Drinks

BRENDALOU
on 4/20/13 11:17 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

I am bad about making a protein drink and not drinking it so i put it in the fridge until i am thirsty again. I use unjury protein. do they go bad after a period of time.broken heart

Hislady
on 4/21/13 4:41 am - Vancouver, WA

I've read where if they sit too long like overnight that the protein content lessens but not sure if that is something that is a proven fact.

poet_kelly
on 4/21/13 6:33 pm - OH

The protein content doesn't lessen.

Unjury (and most protein drinks) get their protein from milk.  when you milk a cow and put the jug of milk in the fridge, the protein doesn't lessen the longer the milk sits in the fridge, right?  You don't have to drink the milk as soon as it comes out of the cow to get the protein from it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 4/21/13 6:34 pm - OH

They would spoil eventually, faster if made with milk than if made with water.  But they should be OK for a few days.  The texture may change if you let it sit too long, though, like the protein powder might start to separate from the liquid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active