I'm a centerfold! Well close enough for me....

Sarahlicious
on 4/22/13 7:22 am - Portsmouth, OH

I’m a centerfold! Well close enough for me! A couple of months ago I had the honor of being asked to write an article for the new OAC Members Matter section of Your Weight Matters Magazine. Anyone who knows me in person knows I am not shy about telling my story, or any story really. However, I was unprepared for the emotional journey writing this article took me. The hardest challenge was editing down a focus, as I have been obese all my life, I have many stories to share. After talking through ideas with Kristy Kuna with OAC, we decided on the issue that really spurred my involvement with the Obesity Action Coalition: Weight Bias in the Workplace. Unfortunately, I have experienced weight bias in the workplace twice in my life, yet each time I have taken what at first was a negative experience and turned it into a positive outcome.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

AnniesSS
on 4/22/13 9:07 am
RNY on 09/11/12

That's so exciting!!! Congratulations!

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

TXKashmir
on 4/23/13 12:31 am - Grand Prairie, TX

How exciting! You and Shelly do look sexy right there! Heh heh - nice job!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

M M
on 4/23/13 7:57 am, edited 4/23/13 7:57 am

Can't wait till next time

Sarahlicious
on 4/23/13 1:51 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Next OAC Halloween party...or next time I'm a centerfold? Both will be in August...swimsuit model!

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active