8 Years and going strong!

Mentor
on 5/21/13 2:28 pm - CA
Congratulations! Keep up the excellent work! I have hit the 15 year mark and I agree with you...it is also the
best decision I have made in my life! Exercise makes all the difference, especially weight training. Kudos to you!
Candis W.
on 5/23/13 4:25 am - NY

Hi, I had the gastric bypass surgery in September of 2012, it is important for those that over weight to understand why they eat.  I was told keep my clothes because I will be in them again.  However, I am still at 150 lbs after losing 165 pounds.  I am constantly monitoring my weight, although I was told by my surgeon that if I gained weight over 160 pounds I was to report back to him, I am still 150 or below.  It was my intent to lose more than I needed to for the purpose of having more leadway in terms of weight gain.  It is important that you take the measures neccessary when you gain as I was told more than 4 pounds.  Remember, that 4-10 pounds is not hard to tackle but when you allow yourself to gain more and do not stop your negative behavior it will consume you.  I am so pleased at my accomplishment but I know many people that have gained weight back and I find it due to the reasons people eat.  There are some that have gained weight back and attend groups such as eat for life, overeaters, weigh****chers, and religous based groups that deal with weight loss that has helped.  Emotional eaters eat due to stress, some eat because of social situations, for example, some families are surrounded by food when they get together as well as social gatherings that are not family oriented.   It is important for you do take action and take it now.  I have also had my spells with not eating correctly, however, I find alternatives, for example when I want something sweet, I make a bowl of oatmeal and add lots of splender to it.  You can add fruit to it as well.  Also when I want something fried I use olive oil and sear my fish in a hot pan and it is crispy.  Stop now or it will get worse!  I know you know this!  Prayer helps too (if you believe)

Candy W.  Happy Thanksgiving!    
Most Active