Plastic Surgery 6 years out. Decisions, Decisions.

Kris R.
on 5/23/13 1:19 pm - Reynoldsburg, OH

Well, yesterday, I went for a surgery consultation.  I have recently lost 18 pounds and am running and want to have my extra skin taken care of.  When I run, I have to wear binding type undergarments to tame my stomach skin, affectionately known as my woogie.  I went to Dr. Jason Lichten in Lancaster, Ohio.  He suggested two separate surgeries.  The first would include an abdominoplasty and breast lift.  The second would include a  thigh lift/liposuction and breast implants.  His quote for the first surgery was around 10,600, which I did not think was bad.

Now, I have to make my decisions.  Do I have the first surgery soon and only train for a 1/2 marathon this year?  Or do I schedule my surgery after I run a full marathon in October? I am interested in any thoughts you might have.  Also, here is a link to my full blog post:

http://advocare24daychallengeohio.blogspot.com/

VSG on 06/12/13
Very cool! As for timing of activities - What is the biggest thing you want to do first? Use that as the first thing into place (your big rock) and all the others will fall into place around it.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Kris R.
on 5/23/13 9:51 pm - Reynoldsburg, OH

Thank you!  That was my thought, as well. 

Laura in Texas
on 5/23/13 10:53 pm

You're six years out. Get the first round done ASAP. No need to wait. Races come around all the time.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

nursygirl
on 5/26/13 2:04 am - San Jose,, CA

I am 8 years out and recently (March '13) had an abdominoplasty.  The best that I can offer you is this...If your "woogie" gets in the way of your running, train for the 1/2 marathon and have the surgery.  If it doesn't bother you much, then wait.

I can tell you that the loss of my "woogie" made a huge difference for me.  No more chafing, raw skin etc.

Good luck in whatever you choose!

Anjanette

"Never let the fear of striking out get in the way of trying" George Herman "Babe" Ruth

No excuses....just do it!

Most Active