Four days out and feeling nauseaous

stonerose
on 7/20/13 10:55 am - MI
RNY on 07/16/13

Hi all,

I've been doing good since surgery last Tuesday, but today I feel slightly nauseous/queasy.  I've been sipping water and walking a bit, but I keep thinking if I'd felt this way pre-surgery I'd be nibbling saltines.  Any ideas of what can help?  It started while drinking my second protein drink today and now I'm shying away from that - jus****er and ice.

Already had my prevacid solutab.  Also, I took my 1st ursodial (for gall bladder) - my husband opened it on my tongue (stupid-I know - we were being silly) - and maybe that's why I don't feel so good?  Been several hours.  Not quit nauseous to throw up or call the doctors office - but not pleasant.

Ideas and suggestions would be helpful. 

Christine

Dr. Kibwe Weaver, Kalamazoo, MI RNY 7/16/13 SW 233/CW 168.8/GW130

rocky513
on 7/20/13 12:53 pm - WI

I was nauseous for months before I figured out that I was lactose intolerant.  Check your protein powder to make sure it is lactose free.  If it contains whey concentrate... it has lactose in it.  The label should say 99% lactose free . I mix mine in coffee, almond milk, or soy milk.  I can tolerate greek yogurt and cheese fine... but milk makes me nauseous and I get diarrhea.  When I feel bad I drink warm peppermint tea.  It helps with upset stomach.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

JJ_
on 7/20/13 10:00 pm

If this persists, you should call your surgeon's office.  I only was nauseaus the first two days post-op and ONLY when they gave me liquid calcium in the hospital.  YUCK.

Judy

Most Active