My 3 year anniversary

Cecelia B.
on 9/3/13 7:52 am - St Louis, MO

Today is my 3 years anniversary to my new life...I am so happy I have had the blessing to have had this surgery. My highest weight was 405 and I am 5'4". I had lymphedema, HBP, sleep apnea, shortness of breath and type 2 diabetes. I could not walk more than 75 feet without having to stop and rest and I moved in a wheelchair or electric cart whenever I left the house for any distance. I researched and researched and was planning on the Mini Gastric Bypass, but a cancer diagnosis got in the way. So 3 years later I was alive, on Medicare and given approval to have this surgery. Medicare did not cover the gastric sleeve(closest to the MGB)and I did not want to wait till it was approved. But because I was smart enough and blessed enough I agreed to the RNY and have never looked back.

I went from 385 lbs as I began the process to 204lbs (still more than I wanted to be) and am off all but 4 meds. I sleep all night long, I exercise 4 times a week, I can walk and this last month I had my first knee replacement. I am a walking miracle/example of the regenerative ability of the mind and body. I know I am exceptional to most folks, tho not this group, but determination, hard work and plenty of changing my whole outlook on life has got me through many a hard, discouraging day. I am so happy with my life and my creation that it sometimes brings me to tears.

Starting wt. March/ 2010  385lbs
Surgery wt.  Sept/2010     322lbs
Current wt.  Sept/2013     204lbs

TeacherSue
on 9/3/13 9:51 am - Collinsville, IL

Bless your heart!  That is a wonderful testimony.  So proud of you!

karenp8
on 9/3/13 10:16 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations! You have done great and I'm sure your attitude has lots to do with that.

billmacc7
on 9/3/13 12:42 pm - MA

Great Post...Continued success on your journey...

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Member Services
on 9/3/13 2:04 pm - Irvine, CA

Thank you for sharing this post with us.  Your success and attitude are amazing!  Congratulations.

loverofcats
on 9/3/13 2:20 pm

Congratulations on all your success ! What an inspiring and heartfelt story.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

martitalinda
on 9/4/13 12:17 am

What an AWESOME testimony ... it touched my heart ... I am soooooooooo happy for you and so inspired by your story... CONGRATULATIONS on all fronts ... wishing you the best and continued successes and blessings on your journey ... HAPPY 3rd YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!! we are blessed indeed!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Cecelia B.
on 9/4/13 12:38 am - St Louis, MO

Thanks so much for the sentiments of love and appreciation.  I do feel really blessed to continue this journey to optimal health. Hugs to each of you....

Starting wt. March/ 2010  385lbs
Surgery wt.  Sept/2010     322lbs
Current wt.  Sept/2013     204lbs

Most Active