Hello !! I'm a newbie and just getting started

J_Bell1968
on 10/11/13 2:16 am

Hello !   I have been considering this for about 3 years, finally went to my appointment last week.

I had my ekg, bloodwork and next week I go for an upper GI and pysch eval. 

My Surgeon is requiring me to lose 10 lbs, Hoping for RnY.

To thin I am making this life change.. is scary and exciting at the same time.

I am 5'1 and 227 pounds pre diabetic, high blood pressure etc.

Anyway... hello

Member Services
on 10/11/13 6:33 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on taking control of your life and weight loss journey.  Be sure and check out OH's home page, with great articles, blog entries, before and after photos and much more.   ​​ Here are some Weight Loss Surgery Resources.

About Obesity

About Weight Loss Surgery

Medical Necessity

Post-op Planner

BMI Calculator

Health Tracker

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/choice-of-bariatric-proc edure-a-philosophy-obtained-in-20-years-of-bariatric-practic e-2/http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/choice-of-bariatric-proc edure-a-philosophy-obtained-in-20-years-of-bariatric-practic e-2/

If you need any further assistance, please let us know at [email protected]

Regards,

Member Services

lljohnson4
on 10/11/13 9:15 am

I had my testing done today and I have my GI next week. I am 5'2" and 202 lbs. I wasn't told to lose anything yet, but was started on all of the vitamins and calcium. SO nervous, but excited. It took me 3 years to start the process as well. We are in the same shoes. Good luck to you!

bluroze2013
on 10/12/13 4:25 am - gainesville , FL
RNY on 10/24/13

Hi, I had thought of the procedure or several years.. and finally took the step.  I had the pre op testing done yesterday and surgery is scheduled for the 24th.  I am 5'9 and 370.  I agree on the duality of emotions.  At times they feel overwhelming.  Good luck.

Therealme77
on 10/12/13 6:35 am
Welcome to OH! I'm new here too. Just got sleeved 13 days ago. Lots of interesting forums on here!
sms25
on 10/12/13 7:13 am
I'm 5'1" and finally hit the biggest I've ever been my entire life 307lbs... How the hell that happened idk... But I have high blood pressure pcos pre diabetic I'm going on my second dietician appointment wednesday... Any advice?... I haven't met my surgeon yet... My insurance company is only requiring three dietitian appointments... Any infoor advice for me?
J_Bell1968
on 10/12/13 9:23 am

Good Luck to all of you !!  Let's keep posting our updates . Stay well.

ThinkingThininMS
on 10/13/13 11:20 am

Hi, I'm a newbie too.  Ive been researching weight loss surgery for about 7 years. Ive just never been brave enough to pull the trigger on doing it.  I am now ready and I've got an appointment for Tuesday for another seminar.  I will start the procedure from there.  In some ways I wish I had already done something but then again I am glad I waited because now the gastric sleeve procedure is available and one that seems more palitable for my needs.  I'm very scared about the diet and hope I can do this.  I am amazed at the successes of so many people on this site..

broken heart  congratulations.      Janet

Most Active