ATTN VETS

ChristinAngel
on 10/11/13 11:46 pm - MA
RNY on 09/04/13

I was wondering what foods do you have trouble with? I've had some incidents and was wondering if some foods were just

harder to tolerate than other. Aside from rice, bread, and pasta. 

happygrandma
on 10/12/13 4:16 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

I had rny in Dec.  I had a few issues earlier on with some meat and a few other things.  Now I don't have issues with anything.

huskergalWsD
on 10/12/13 4:24 am

Dark Meat Chicken, Ribs

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

ChristineB
on 10/12/13 8:21 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On October 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM Pacific Time, ChristinAngel wrote:

I was wondering what foods do you have trouble with? I've had some incidents and was wondering if some foods were just

harder to tolerate than other. Aside from rice, bread, and pasta. 

Dry chicken, eating too fast, dry beef, too much sugar (this is individual), I have to watch rice but can tolerate a small amount, pasta the same. My husband had a horrible time with reheated burger (sammie or other) early out. We are both 10+ years out each - RNY.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

ChristineB
on 10/12/13 8:39 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

PS both of us have issues with dry meats/poultry and eating too fast. We learned our life style habits early on but how do you change 50+ years of bad eating? We are constantly supporting each other but daily emotions are forever creeping into our daily lives and will be for the rest of our natural lives. I work full time outside the home and have many stressors and my DH is retired BUT that does not cause the temptations to go away.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Eggface
on 10/12/13 9:57 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Not a whole lot gave me trouble though meats need to be moist or better yet dipped in a Greek yogurt based dip. I still dip almost every meat... bonus extra protein.

One of my favs: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/02/oscar -noshing.html

In the first few months it was trial and error... but most everything I had issues with when tried a month or so later worked out fine.

Things that still give me issues... pork chops, broccoli if not cooked till very soft.

I don't eat pasta, rice, bread, white potatoes, chips, crackers, etc. but that's by choice (7 years clean from them****rtainly physically could.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

shoutjoy
on 10/12/13 7:31 pm - Culpeper, VA

I have issues with veggies that cause gas like broccoli.  Since I don't have a gallbladder any more, fatty foods and rich foods upset my stomach a little.  I am 13 years post op so I can eat almost anything.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Candy V.
on 10/12/13 9:24 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Not a vet, but will chip in.  At 13 mths post op, very few things upset my pouch.  The culprits are:

anything with BBQ cooked into it, like a dry rub.  pork and chicken.  BBQ hates me (funny thing is I can use a mild liquid bbq sauce to dip and it is fine)

white meat chicken upsets if no sauce or gravy

lean cuts of beef, if fatty it is fine

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

MyLady Heidi
on 10/13/13 11:34 am

I eat very little different foods, lots of things bother me, either too much sugar or things give me gas.  My latest fad is to eat a half cup of brown rice before I eat anything for dinner.  This fills me up. I then eat chicken or whatever I have for dinner which isn't much.  I love brown rice and after reading all the health benefits I have decided to adopt eating it every day.  I am still at 127 which is nice, I never thought I would maintain the ten pound loss I had due to loads of stress, but I have.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/14/13 2:35 pm - OH

The only food that I cannot eat more than a bite of is fried onion rings.  I can only eat small amounts of apple skins and the membranes around citrus fruit segments, though, or I get painful gas.  Other than that, I can eat small amounts of everything and anything!  

I did have trouble with coffee burning my pouch and bacon making me sick initially, but those passed after a couple of years.  Not exactly sure when because I just avoided them for a long time.

I had NO trouble with the things that often get people in trouble. I had scrambled eggs in the hospital the third day after surgery with no problem and had a baked buffalo chicken "chunk" at less than two weeks out. I did not have any trouble with beef, but I started (and stuck with) only very tender cuts of beef and  only ground sirloin or high quality Angus ground beef.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active