sensitive ****yx after weight loss

dragonmom40
on 10/21/13 12:51 am

I have lost 110 pounds and have about 30 to go.  I feel wonderful and have my life back except for one problem.  Now that i have lost so much weight, I no longer have a "cushion" when sitting.  I need to know if anyone has found a solution to this problem other than using a foam cushion with a cutout (****yx cushion).  I haven't found any specific exercises mentioned .  Whenever I am sitting for any length of time in my car or on a train or plane, my tailbone is really aching and I have to lean sideways to take the pressure off.  I don't have an appointment with my doctor for several months and would like to hear what other folks have to say first before I see him. 

Patm
on 10/21/13 1:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

After a while you will find a comfortable position. I used to have the same problem especially since i have arthritis there but now it seems to be okay

TurnThePage
on 10/21/13 1:59 am

Rather than waiting several months for an answer to a painful condition, why don't you just call your doctor's office and ask the nurse?

joatsaint
on 10/21/13 2:13 am - TX

Yeah, my butt bone gets sore too, but only when sitting in the car. I sit on pillows when at work or at home.

Free ebook - The Top 10 Weight Loss Surgery Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Frankensleeve/videos

Member Services
on 10/21/13 3:35 am - Irvine, CA

This can be painful especially when you are exercising on the floor, even with a mat.  Try padded shorts for women.  Bicycle shorts are great when exercising  

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/21/13 3:38 am

pillows and exercise to make the butt bigger. Really works.  After a while you get used to it. Learn how to cope.  Welcome to the skinny girl / guy issues.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dragonmom40
on 10/21/13 11:35 pm

I figured exercise would be the best answer, but what kind of exercise?  Is there anything published about it, or did your doc or therapist tell you how to exercise to build muscle mass there?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/22/13 2:31 am, edited 10/22/13 2:36 am

personal trainer will be best to advise what exercise are best. You can also Google it.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=exercise+to+increase+but+siz e&oq=exercise+to+increase+but+size&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.650 7j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

I

I also have a chair like that for my office. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kimbercat
on 10/21/13 7:19 pm - WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I haven't been on this website for a long time because I really haven't had any questions or problems now that I'm about 18 months post-op, and have lost about 145 lbs., but I happened to be checking it out again for some information for my ex-sister-in-law who had surgery about 6 weeks ago and is experiencing some complications, and your post jumped right out at me because I've been having the exact same problem for the past several months.

I've had spinal osteo-arthritis for many years, and I have been just assuming that this is pretty much just a new and fun (NOT!!) aspect of that, but it's really getting painful. I've tried the cushion without much relief, and since I spend alot of time sitting at the computer in the same chair that I've had for a few years, including when I was at my heaviest, I'm wondering if getting a new chair without all of the seat cushion worn down might help. I'm going to be trying to find one in the next couple weeks, and I'll try to remember to come back and report if it's any hel*****t. I also get epidural cortisone injections about every 3 months, and I'm due for the next one this week. I plan to ask the doctor to focus more on this area again to see if that might help, and will also be asking about an NSAID patch that a friend suggested to see if that's a possible solution as well.

For the others that have this same problem, do you also find that you "pinch" the excess skin on your butt and inner thighs when sitting as well? I carried a large portion of my excess weight in my derriere, and I've found that to be an uncomfortable side effect of all my weight loss....not that I'm really complaining!...although I guess I just did.....lol.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/22/13 2:36 am, edited 10/22/13 2:37 am

you may try to get one of those chairs. I bought one when I had a serious back issue before I lost the weigh.   

I have this one. And I do need a new pad, but the chair helped me a lot

http://www.relaxtheback.com/ergonomic-chairs/kneeling-postur e-chair.html

there are a few more. 

http://www.relaxtheback.com/ergonomic-chairs.html

Most Active