Quinoa what's your thoughts on it

nikki2092
on 12/20/13 5:15 am - MI

It's an explosion I know new super food. What do you think about the carb count in it. Vs the protein how has it worked for you any thoughts if  trying to lose is it a stay away from until at goal????

Nikki        
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/13 7:09 am, edited 12/20/13 7:09 am

me again. lol. That is the only grain that I can have and it does not bother me. I still eat it just once in a while -not very often, but I can have that.  (I deal with severe RH and rice or any other carbs are big no-no  for me) 

It is a grain and carbs. So deal with that accordingly. 

I used that to mix with meat to have stuffed peppers, or with some meats. I don't have more that 1/2 cup at a time anyway.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

drea29
on 12/20/13 7:13 am

I eat eat on occasion.  I measure the amount and see how it fits in with the meal.  I think I started at about 1 year post op.  It didn't have any effect on my weight loss.  It also is the only grain that I eat. Does not cause me any cravings. 

nikki2092
on 12/20/13 10:44 am - MI

I eat it too. I cut all carbs till I lose a regain. I did not notice any of the yucky feeling I get from rice or pasta but once I have it I do crave it I make patties out if it on a griddle with eggs cheese onions and other veggies I share them at work so i don't eat them all.. I was just curious what others thought about it. 

Nikki        
nikki2092
on 12/20/13 10:41 am - MI

Seriously you need to just be my buddy...😋

Nikki        
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/13 10:21 pm

broken heart.. Have fun.  

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

PetHairMagnet
on 12/20/13 7:43 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am not far enough out for it, but prior to surgery ate it a good bit and it is one grain/carb item that my nutritionist is not opposed to after reaching goal, but she suggests using it as a small accent, not an entree or focus of a meal. 

My husband had some tri-color with chicken and kale recently and said it was GREAT!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Valerie G.
on 12/20/13 7:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I love it!  I've had it hot with butter and veggies.  I've used it instead of rice in stuffed peppers,and had it with cold veggies as a salad of sorts.  It's wonderful.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/13 10:23 pm

It can also be used in tabuli instead of wheat. Great stuff. 

MickeyDee
on 12/20/13 6:02 pm

I like to put a little (1/2 cup) in a big pot of soup;  adds a nice nutty flavor to beef-based soups.

Most Active