They Practice What They Preach

Eggface
on 1/25/14 12:28 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Had to share this great article about Bariatric Doctors and Nurses who have had weight loss surgery.

http://connect.asmbs.org/they-practice-what-they-preach

I serve on the Obesity Action Coalition National Board with 2 of the awesome people featured in the article Dr. Walt Medlin and Pam Davis, RN, BSN, CBN and I can attest that they do indeed practice what they preach. You are lucky ducks if you are in their programs.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

AnneGG
on 1/23/14 10:59 pm, edited 1/23/14 11:17 pm

Thanks for the references- I'll be sure to look them up. I know several nurses and one doctor who have had WLS. I myself am a professional, being both a psychotherapist and a nurse who has had WLS, and it sure is helpful working with people having been there done that.

And thanks for your marvelous website- I use it all the time!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Eggface
on 1/23/14 11:34 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Thanks Anne.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

KevinBacon
on 1/23/14 11:38 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Awesome

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Most Active