6 yrs post-opt issues

internetnut
on 2/17/14 3:27 am - elmira, NY

Hi everyone! I'm 6 yrs post-opt not many problems really till recently. I'm not sure if the issues are GBP related or Gastroparesis related. For several months now I've been having no desire to eat anything in the morning. I enjoy my cup of coffee and by 11am I just start to get hungry. So I eat something this leaves me skipping meals. Yes I know a big no, no. So I bought some Unjury which I enjoyed right after surgery and now it just tastes like crap. Late last night I craved some oatmeal so I made a packet of apple cinnamon oatmeal I usually have no issue eating this. Not last night I ended up vomiting and not by making myself vomit. I've been having some other issues like increased heart burn (I'm on Prilosec), and bowel issues they tend to vary from I need to hurry to the potty or I'm happy if I can even go after 2-3 days. I'm wondering which is the issue Gastric Bypass or Gastroparesis? Anyone have these issues?

Member Services
on 2/17/14 11:04 am - Irvine, CA

Hi,

We are sorry to hear all you are going through. Try posting on your surgery type forum and see if you get some responses.

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/17/14 11:25 am - OH

Sorry to hear that you are suddenly having issues.  I cannot offer any medical insight, but one of the bariatric surgeons I work for part-time indicated that RNYers couldn't have gastroparesis since our pouch emptying happens based on gravity alone rather than the muscular contractions (which is what isn't happening with the gastroparesis), and that RNY is the preferred form of WLS for those who come in and have it.  

It sounds like you really need to get in to see your surgeon.

IT doesn't surprise me that the Unjury tasted terrible to you now.  I am also 6 years post-op, and I know that since I have been eating regular food for so long, I wouldn't be able to force myself to eat/drink many of the things that I consumed those first few months in the name of getting in protein! 

I hope you figure out the problem soon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

internetnut
on 2/17/14 11:53 am - elmira, NY

Thank you! My surgery Doctor told me my Gastroparesis would go away once I had the surgery in 2008, but a Gastrologist I seen in 2011 said no I will have it for life. I must say I no longer have as many symptom's but they are still there and I'm not sure if this is related to that or GPS.

hollykim
on 2/19/14 5:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I would see the gastro. If the gastro paresis can be. Lifelong,I would see about getting some medication to help with. It.

GL 

Most Active