Beginning a New Chapter

shopaholic2014
on 3/3/14 4:20 am

Today is the first day of my 14 day liquid diet before my surgery on Monday, March 17. My first protein shake was less than appetizing but I'm motivated to stay on track because I want the surgery to go as well as possible.

I have completed all the pre-op appointments with the exception of a cardiology appointment next week that is the result of an abnormality on my EKG. I'm hoping that it was a glitch and that the stress test is negative. This is really the only thing I'm nervous about. I am a little anxious about the surgery but I'm so excited to have a tool to help me control my weight. It has been a battle that has consumed a large part of my life for many years- most of my life actually. 

I'm happy to have found this site and I plan to log on often to update my status and read other's experiences and triumphs. 

Beginning weight: 215.5lbs

Height: 5'2"

BMI: 38

Comorbities: HTN

dlang057
on 3/3/14 5:44 am
RNY on 03/25/14

I start my three week pre-op liquid diet tomorrow, my surgery is March 25th.  I had an extensive blood panel, urine test and breath test this weekend and am too anxious about any issues that may come up this close to surgery.  Its like you get the green light but are constantly in a limbo of sorts until all clear.  Its hard enough dealing with everything else but to worry about test results this close to surgery is stressfull!

Good luck with your journey from here on out and have my fingers crossed for you :)

AnneGG
on 3/3/14 5:53 am

Good luck to you!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

AnneGG
on 3/3/14 5:53 am

Yahoo! May you have a smooth journey!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active