speaking of diamonds...

VSG on 06/12/13

What are the vets' opinions on when to get jewelry resized? I suppose, at 4lbs from goal, my fingers aren't going to get any smaller.

I found/tried on my high school class ring and it fit. 

Seeing the other post about diamonds made me realize I need to add getting my wedding set resized to my list of to-do's.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/9/14 4:17 am - OH

Do it as soon as there is any chance the ring will slip off.  I lost an anniversary ring (which had HUGE sentimental value since the man who gave it to me is now deceased) because I delayed.  As best I could retrace my steps, it came off when I was drying my hands in the restroom at work and went into the trash with the paper towel.  I replaced it with one very similar, but it ISN'T the same ring...  

Better to have to resize twice than to lose... Although with so little weight left to lose you are certainly safe to resize now.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

VSG on 06/12/13

Thanks, Lora- I should have pointed out that I only wear them on special occasions - most days I wear nothing except earrings and/or a necklace. After I posted this, I went and tried ALL of my rings. The only one that fit on my ring finger was my class ring.

I haven't worn my wedding set in probably a year or longer - they were too tight, now they don't even slow down at my knuckle.

Laurie

southernlady5464
on 3/9/14 4:23 am

While resizing it is preferable...do NOT resize too often as it will weaken the metal making it more prone to break. Ask a jewelry before having it resized about that fact.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

VSG on 06/12/13

Thanks! I did not know that. Good info to have.

Kate -True Brit
on 3/9/14 5:06 am - UK

My fingers stayed the same from about 15lbs above goal. I know that as I had never had my wedding and engagement rings enlarged and just had not worn them for years. So I kept trying them on as I lost weight. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

VSG on 06/12/13

That is sort of where I am - I haven't worn them in a year or longer because they didn't fit. Now they don't even begin to catch on my knuckle!

Kate -True Brit
on 3/9/14 5:25 am - UK

I'd keep on not wearing them until you are  sure! Awful to lose them because they are too big, not good to keep on having them resized, as others say.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Bette B.
on 3/9/14 5:47 am

I can tell you what I did when MY rings flew off at work: I took them off and put them in our lock box. At that time, I had an engagement ring, a wedding band, and my late mother's anniversary band, which was too small for me.

I bought a  10k wedding band at Walmart for about 30 bucks and a CZ "engagement" ring from eBay for about 6 dollars. When my weight loss leveled off, I got the engagement and anniversary rings made into one ring and my husband bought me a new wedding band. The best part is that my ring size went from and 11 to a 7.25.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

TexasTerritory
on 3/9/14 6:53 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I have had to take off my rings during this wonderful WL. I miss wearing them and am eager to have them resized. I am waiting to reach goal. I have a wide band with engraving and I hope it can be easily resized.

Most Active