Q

Nts0906
on 3/29/14 12:12 pm

Help out of control eating.... I can't help myself. Eating between meals again. I need intervention. 

TexasTerritory
on 3/29/14 6:33 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
You are the only one who can stop the habit of out of control eating. Recognizing the issues is part of the process. The other part is follow your plan.

Hellwee
on 3/31/14 12:40 pm

I had a Gastric Bypass in 2003, lost 107 lbs. Some where I went off track with my diet and gained half the weight back. I could kick myself because now I have an appointment with a surgeon to see if I am a candidate for a DS surgery. I feel like a failure! 

Please, reach deep down with every bit of strength and determination you have to get back on track. Trust me you will thank yourself many times over. You can do this!!!

Good Luck!

Nts0906
on 4/1/14 9:22 am

Oh my! God bless you for sharing that with me. I have such a fear of exactly that  and can see how easy it could  happen. I have failed at every diet in my life . And I keep trying to remember that I was so miserable and felt physically horrible all the time.   I wish you the very best and hope you will share the rest of your story. I will pray for a good outcome when you meet with your doctor.  Thank you for your encouraging words . Please keep in touch. I want to hear you are doing well! 

Kate -True Brit
on 3/30/14 12:56 am - UK

Well you know what to do! And without knowing which surgery you had, when you had it, what your eating plan is etc, no-one can really offer suggestions.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Nts0906
on 3/31/14 8:19 am

You are probably so right! I think this is emotional eating. Certainly not hunger. I hate that I have started this bad habit and I have to address it. Going to cal bariatric office for referral... Thanks for your input.

Nts0906
on 3/31/14 12:22 pm

I thank you  for your reply! I had gastric  bypass in September 

2011. I weighed 265 ( highest 288) and thought I might die if I didn't do something! I was very compliant and lost 115 lbs.,  and was thrilled. Dis great until the weather got really cold here and it was hard to get out ( snow) and walk. Then I started snacking between meals.. And now I am up 10 lbs.  I am scared that this is the beginning of a downhill collision . So I will call and see about a nutritional consult and a visit to mental health counselor . I really appreciate your kind words... 

Gwen M.
on 3/30/14 6:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If you truly can't help yourself, perhaps this is something you need to talk about with a mental health professional? 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

White Dove
on 3/31/14 1:08 pm - Warren, OH

Almost every gastric bypass patient has some regain during the third year.  The body just becomes better at absorbing calories, the pouch can hold more food, the food plan gets boring, cold weather makes it worse.

Someone posted these rules for maintenance:

1. Keeping food journal on-line so that you can see the visual(Graphing) of what you are consuming in your diet.

2. Recording your weight twice a day and graphing it to see the changes in weight.

3. Not high protein diet but a diet higher in protein and fiber intake.

4. Diet is 80% and exercise is only 20% - this was amazing to hear.

5.Exercise 250 - 299 minutes a week anything higher than this will lead to weight gain because our bodies will require more food for fuel. That is why exercise is 20% and diet is 80% with weight loss.

goddessgrrl
on 3/31/14 1:17 pm - VA

I agree with GwenMo. Have you tried Overeaters Anonymous? Being a member of OA (I joined a month after my RNY) has saved my life. It's free. You can say anything you want, cry, laugh, listen. http://www.oa.org to find a meeting near your home. They also have online and telephone meetings.

You're in my prayers and good thoughts. One day at a time!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active