question about blood pressure medications bringing pressure too low

johns-wife
on 4/4/14 12:30 am

So my doctor put me on high blood pressure medicine the other day because I could not seem to get my pressure under 150/100 and my dentist was starting to get nervous about treating me. Anyway, the first day on this medicine,  my pressure dropped - and kept dropping. The second day (and as of today) it now ranges between 100/80 - 90/60.

I have called my doctor and am rescheduled for next week.  Has this happened to anyone? Incidentally, I am on the lowest dose of this medication so they can't lower dosage.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/4/14 2:18 am

The low BP - on meds - that is my normal with no meds..   some thinks taht is good ... but I would love it have a bit higher..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Patm
on 4/4/14 3:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Mine is usually this low. They start to worry if the 60 becomes 50. Under 50 is too low. If you are not getting dizzy or passing out from it you may be fine at this pressure. Only your doctor can tell you for sure

pebtash
on 4/6/14 12:21 pm
VSG on 11/25/14

ask your doctor to put you on water pills instead of bp meds. I've been on them since I was 18 and they have worked for me.

Most Active