9 days until surgery

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/14 5:05 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

9 days until surgery.  

Opti fast pre op diet is going well.  My one item is I find my teeth feel weird - kinda numb.  Not sure if it is perhaps due to dry mouth because of the shakes, but it is the only annoyance I can mention about the pre op shake, for me it even tops the shakes horrible taste!!!

Anyone else have teeth/gum numbness?

Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/14 10:39 am, edited 4/7/14 12:03 pm
AnneGG
on 4/9/14 9:59 pm

Get a Blender Bottle. You can shake up your shake in it and then drink through the hole in the top so it cuts the smell down. Also try different protein powders- took me awhile to find one I could barely tolerate, and it doesn't have the coating effect.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Tina G.
on 4/8/14 2:54 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

My surgery is the 14th so I say 5 days away as I don't count surgery day....straws now are ok but not after as they cause gas in your new pouch and from what I am told we DON"T want that..as far as the mouth and teeth thing, I hear ya. I too am on 2 wks of the VIAL Opti and it's like what I call fungus mouth....and yes my teeth feel strange and I have no idea what is causing it, but I brush all the time and it doesn't seem to help. Good luck with your surgery, wish you all the best. I'm having a rny done. You?

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/14 9:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

RNY also, thks for the feedback.

AnneGG
on 4/9/14 10:03 pm

It's coming up fast, and will be over before you know it!

I used to get the mouth coating, too. Sucked lots of sugarless mints after surgery and chewed packs of gum before. And went through tons of toothpaste and brushed my tongue in addition to my teeth.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active