Carnie Wilson, Chopped and the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation

Deborah B.
on 4/12/14 12:52 am

Did anyone else watch the program "Chopped" when Carnie Wilson was on? She went a long way but was eliminated with only two other contestants left.
Carnie was playing for $50,000 which would be donated to the charity of her choice, she chose the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation. They help people who can't afford it, to get WLS. I was so hoping she would win. She went a long way and did very well. Here's a link to WLS Foundation if anyone is interested: http://www.wlsfa.org/

Discuss :)

Jen Lyn
on 4/12/14 1:10 am
RNY on 11/11/13

I am glad there is a foundation for those who can't afford it. I have never heard of it. 

Deborah B.
on 4/12/14 1:30 am

Me too, Jen, I listen to the podcast "Weight Loss Surgery, Reeger Cortell" that's how I found out. 

Deborah B.
on 4/12/14 1:31 am

Actually, I was hoping by posting this that maybe someone could get some help with the costs of their surgery. 

zmdh39
on 4/12/14 2:00 am

I never got to see that show, but I have noticed a number of those organizations popping up since I had my surgery. My mom just joined a really neat one that is ran by a medical group that donates a portion of money from every surgery they do to a fund for patients that can't afford surgery on there own. I think it's fantastic that opportunities like these are out there. My mom is schedule for surgery in Dec.and there is no way she would have been able to afford surgery on her own. god bless the organization and people that make these things possible.

Deborah B.
on 4/12/14 5:24 am

That's great! I'm so happy for your mom, best of luck to her. 

marymo362
on 4/13/14 9:41 am
RNY on 03/18/14

WOW! that's just great for your mom!  WOOHOO! thank heavens for this organization.......hugs!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Cunning_Pam
on 4/12/14 5:31 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Another very worthy cause to add to my list of donations. Someday, when I win the lottery, I would to love to support causes like this even more.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Amy R.
on 4/13/14 4:49 am

Mini hijack:  Did Carnie ever lose her re-gain?  I saw her on TV a couple of times (she had her own reality show) and she was working to re-lose a pretty substantial re-gain.   Does anyone know if she was successful?

She seemed like such a nice "real" person, I'm hoping she got back to her goal.

Deborah B.
on 4/13/14 11:02 pm

Honestly, I don't know what her weight was before but unfortunately she is on the heavy side as of the taping of Chopped. The struggle continues. 

Most Active