i need input

wantawin
on 4/20/14 3:54 am

Im new here,i have completed all steps for surgery except lose 5 pounds,im having alot of problems trying to lose it,instead im gaining...i am not sure as to why ,i go thursday back to Dr and if i havent lost then i have to keep waiting...any suggestions?

Member Services
on 4/20/14 8:01 am - Irvine, CA

Hi wantawin,

Congratulations on all the steps you have completed. This plan we see a lot from our members give it a try. Also, post this on the surgery type forum you are having and see why they suggest.

*No alcohol

*No artificial sweetener

*Only water, tea, and coffee.  You can have low fat creamer. You can flavor water with lemon.

*Veggies include: broccoli, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash.

Breakfast Picks:

-1/2  cup egg beaters with 1 cup veggies

- ½ cup skim milk/1 cup ice/ ½ cup berries mixed into a smoothie (berries can be strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or mixed)

-½ cup oatmeal, 1tbs slivered almonds/1 banana

Snacks (2 a day)

-1 cup lowfat yogurt

-14 almonds

-2 rice cakes with 1tbs of peanut butter

-1 piece of turkey rolled in lettuce with mustard

-string cheese (low fat)

Lunch

-2 cups lettuce/ 4 oz of lean meat/ 1 cup of veggies tossed with vinaigrette

-whole wheat wrap with lettuce, mustard, and 4 oz of lean meat

Dinner

-6 oz of any lean meat 

You can use salmon, beef, pork, or chicken as long as it is lean.
You have to have protein and the veggies

-2 cups of steamed veggies

Good Luck!

poet_kelly
on 4/20/14 8:09 am - OH

Are you working with a registered dietician?  If so, he or she should be advising you about how to lose it.  Losing five pounds shouldn't be too difficult.  Are you doing a low fat, low carb diet?

If you're not working with a RD, I encourage you to do so.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

GingerJen
on 4/20/14 9:46 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Track on my fitness pal. I aimed for 1200-1500 calories, with carbs under 80g and protein 80g or more. 

Also-walking. 

This should work really fast. And it helps to kind of get used to eating how you will have to after surgery

37 y/o female 5'8" HW 355 consult 329 SW (3/7/2014)301 CW 168 goal 170

M1- 26 M2- 14 M3- 15 M4 -13 M5 -16 M6-12 M7-2 M8-5 M9-6 M10-8 M11-1 M12-5  M13-10 Goal reached 4/5/15 total lost 187 lbs total; 133 in the 13 months since surgery

wantawin
on 4/20/14 10:29 am

Thanks everyone , i am seeing a dietician. I think i just need people to talk tohelp me out! I think i want this so bad its worrying me !! 

Elle_Bear_Fabulous
on 4/20/14 5:36 pm

Drink water! I read somewhere tha****er helps breakdown the fat cells, I don't know how true that is though. If you need a little bit of a pick me up or hope you can drink a good amount of water the last few hours before bed and weigh yourself. (warning! it will be higher than you expect!) but the point is to weigh yourself in the morning after going to the bathroom and you instantly lose like four pounds! That helps me through my stall sometimes.

Please don't drink too much water though, I don't want you to hurt yourself.

RNY- 4/02/2014

Most Active