Have you noticed...

DangerousCurves
on 4/28/14 5:51 am

Have you noticed the amount of two faced people that now want to be your friend since you have last weight?  People that would just give you a passing hi and not make plans with you now want to hang out, go to dinner, hit a club, etc. 

Hmm...where were they a couple years ago when you wanted to do something as simple as coffee? 

I made the decision to accept the weight loss "you look great" compliments with a smile and politely decline the offers of nights out.  The skinny people group that we watched from the outside doesn't look nearly as exciting once the door is open and you see the caliber of some of the people in the clubhouse.

melissa_musicjunkie
on 4/28/14 6:15 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I seriously just said this to a friend of mine yesterday. We were leaving the gym and this crotchety, mean old woman came up to me...she's been nothing but nasty and giving me the evil eye if I'm too close to the fan in class...and started oohing and aahing about how great I look and "I can tell you've lost so much weight; how'd you do it?" I said to my friend..."You'd be shocked at how many people wanna be my friend now that I'm not at anymore!" It's pretty repulsive, actually.

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

melissa_musicjunkie
on 4/28/14 6:16 am
RNY on 08/01/13

**NOT FAT ANYMORE***

My laptop has updated some super strict new autocorrect...it's messing me up!

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/28/14 9:17 pm, edited 4/28/14 9:17 pm

IMO - WLS and losing weigh changed me.  I eat different foods. Do different things, can do more.  

I have a good friend - it is hard for us to go to lunch. She wants a buffet or some places that I have a hard time to find foods I like and can eat.  If we meet downtown - it has to be close to a parking garage because she can't walk far.  When we go out - she wants me to share a dessert plate with her... And .... She constantly makes excuses why she eats what she eats.. . or how much... She does not get I am not judging her but do not want to eat what she does....  All of that makes it difficult for us to socialize.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tracy D.
on 4/29/14 12:05 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I agree with one of the other posters here that losing weight and feeling better about myself has fundamentally changed ME and that people are now more attracted to me because I'm a happier, more outgoing and positive person.  Think about yourself:  do you go out of your way to talk to you or engage the overweight, silent, keep-to-themself woman/man in the corner who scoots out of the gym or class as fast as they can when it's over?   I'm betting the answer is "no".   

I know for a fact that more people are approaching me and talking to me now but a lot of it is because I'm more open to it - where before I was unknowingly repelling people by being so self-conscious and closed-off when I was fat.  I know the road flows both ways and there are truly superficial people out there that wouldn't have talked to me in the past but will now.  But I also want to look at and accept what my part was - because that's the only part I have any control over.  

Hope that makes sense! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

AnneGG
on 4/29/14 12:24 am

Totally makes sense. Thanks.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active