Here's how to kick your BFF in the rear

shoutjoy
on 4/27/14 8:48 pm - Culpeper, VA

“You and your friend made a pact to work out together and keep each other on track. Now, he/she's making excuses and wanting to go out to lunch instead of to the club. Here's how to kick your BFF in the rear:”

You made the pact so that you'd have each other to lean on, to motivate, and to prod each other when one of you started slacking. So if your friend is encouraging you to eat out, or just skip it today because it's too hot outside, or doesn't want to miss if Publisher's Clearing House stops by, this is when YOU need to be the motivator. Don't forget, this is a two way street. Sometimes he/she encourages you; sometimes he/she's the one who needs a kick in the tushie. Go even if he/she's not going. It's far more likely he/she'll tag along if you are going, or if his/her excuse didn't win you over yesterday, maybe he/she won't try again today. Stick with the plan as much as you can and it will be more likely you'll continue for the long haul, and your friend will thank you in the end. 

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

KeishanNYC
on 4/28/14 4:15 am

This is so true. My friends started to get lazy and when they saw they I wouldn't allow myself to do the same they ended up getting back to it !!! So easy to give up and join them for a ****tail instead of going to the gym.

AnneGG
on 4/28/14 10:34 am

I owe much to my accountability buddy. We definitely make sure each other stays on track- I will so much more easily keep promises to someone else than I will to myself. We text each other daily with an "!" If we have done our stuff, and a sad smiley face if we haven't, and we talk on the phone weekly. Keeps us both keeping on.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active