Ready, set, goooooo!

burghblonde
on 5/3/14 1:44 am
RNY on 05/12/14

9 days to go before I go in to get my pipes rerouted!

So excited and of course very nervous. Yesterday confirmed my readiness to move onto this next level. My 10 year old had a class field trip to DC. I knew it was going to be a LOT of walking but hearing it and then actually doing it are totally different. We began our trip at 5am and returned at 1:30 am this morning. Needless to say I was whooped! I am not exaggerating when I say that we probably walked an easy 12+ miles throughout the course of the day. One quick metro ride from Arlington back to downtown, everything else on hoof! Did I do it, well heck yeah I did! Was it easy, sadly no...not at all. I huffed and puffed, and sweat and ached. Then I looked at my son, who thanked me repeatedly for experiencing the day with him...and I promised him we would come back next year and I would move a lot quicker up the hill in Arlington, and we would take the stairs going UP the museum floors (not just down), and then I would race him up the Lincoln memorial steps instead of taking them one by one! And I will...because I don't make promises I can't keep.

And you know what else? Being so active yesterday made me so much more conscious of what I was eating and drinking. When his buddies wanted ice cream...I had an iced coffee with them. Nice cool treat sans the sugar and fat. I CAN do this...no holds barred! I WILL be a success!

And that's how I finally had my epiphany, my confirmation, my realization...this is it! And it is all uphill from here. I deserve it!!

This is a promise to myself...and I never make a promise that I can't keep!! Enjoy your weekend all!!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Member Services
on 5/3/14 4:17 am - Irvine, CA

We are so excited for you!!!

We are excited for you!! Congratulations.  Here are some links to information you may find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

We can't wait to hear from you post-op!

Regards,

Member Services

GingerJen
on 5/3/14 5:34 am
VSG on 03/07/14

You will be so happy!  At my worst, I couldn't walk through a store without severe pain and exhaustion. I am 8 weeks out from vsg and last night I did 50 minutes of walk/jog intervals on the treadmill and it felt great! Today I am going on a 2 hour hike and I am not worried at all about keeping up!

i can't explain how great the freedom is to not have to worry about activities of events! I never have to look for the biggest chair to sit in. When I went to my daughters choir concert, I didn't hide from seeing other parents and I didn't hide in back because there was room in the chairs for me to sit, lean back, and (gasp) even cross my legs!! I have a ways to go-but I'm not going to forget this freedom! It's not about looking skinny-it's about the world opening up to is again!

enjoy your journey!

37 y/o female 5'8" HW 355 consult 329 SW (3/7/2014)301 CW 168 goal 170

M1- 26 M2- 14 M3- 15 M4 -13 M5 -16 M6-12 M7-2 M8-5 M9-6 M10-8 M11-1 M12-5  M13-10 Goal reached 4/5/15 total lost 187 lbs total; 133 in the 13 months since surgery

Eggface
on 5/3/14 10:07 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Congratulations and best wishes to you!! I completely relate I have done DC pre-WLS and post and it was a completely different experience. Good for you for doing it this time round and I can't wait to hear about your trip next year!!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active