vatamins after post-op

xiomara2
on 5/13/14 10:30 am - Paterson, NJ

I WILL BE HAVING SURGERY MAY 16, FEELING VERY NERVOUS AND ANXIOUS.I WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF VITAMINS WILL I NEED .

Gwen M.
on 5/13/14 1:32 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Which surgery?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

poet_kelly
on 5/13/14 3:12 pm - OH

The ASMBS recommends different vitamins for different surgeries. Which one are you having?  And if your surgery is just two days away, hasn't your surgeon talked to you about that yet?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

xiomara2
on 5/13/14 7:57 pm - Paterson, NJ

I'm having the sleeve done, and yes my surgeon did mention something about the vatamin but my nutritionist mention that I need iron vat  amin and a hair and nail vatamin. I bought the centrum chewable multivatamin and b12 and I dont know if that will be enough

Valerie G.
on 5/13/14 10:19 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You're not having any metabolic or malabsorption changes, so your nutritional needs will be the same as they are today.  The challenge is that you will be unable to consume what your body needs, so a multi may do the trick for you.  The iron needs should depend on your bloodwork and B gives energy.  There are hair/skin/nail combination multi's available, but don't be conviinced that they will benefit at all for hair loss.  Telogen effluvium is the result of the growth cycle rebooting, not malnutrition.  It occurs 3-5 mos post op, then lasts a few months and stops no matter what vitamin or expensive shampoo you buy.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active