Tomorrow 4 weeks post op

Bmspc
on 6/20/14 1:11 am

Hello to all!! Tomorrow is 4 weeks post op. I'm feeling good.  Weight prior to preop diet is 239.  Pre surgery weight is 227 and now 210.  I have stalled at this weight.  Been here for at least 10 days.  I hear this is normal to stall.  I have been exercising every day.  My concern is food.  I should be able to tolerate soft foods by now.  I'm having trouble. I tried tiny bites if egg and soft flatbread chewed to death for breakfast yesterday.  It was the first time food came up. It was an awful feeling. I just tried a scrambled egg and barely made it through 1/2 of it. Feel like it is sitting in my throat wanting to be expelled. Cottage cheese works. Hate yogurt and such. When were others able to tolerate food!!! I'm hungry. Only getting 400-500 calories in per day. 

Tracy D.
on 6/20/14 1:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Bread, any type of bread, was no bueno for me for the first 6 months.  Would always come back up.  Bread doesn't have a lot of nutrition in it anyway so try to focus on proteins, fluids and a few bites of soft green veggies if you still have room (but you probably won't).  

Eggs are notoriously difficult for some people.  Wait a couple weeks and try again.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

White Dove
on 6/20/14 4:41 am, edited 6/20/14 4:45 am - Warren, OH

Don't eat foods that come back up.  Just because your plan says you can eat something does not mean your body will tolerate it.  400-500 calories a day is fine.  Your body will burn off excess fat to provide what it needs.

If it takes another week or so on liquids that is not a big deal.  You will heal and be able to eat again.

Someday you might look back with longing to these days of not being about to eat much.  Eggs are hard for many of us and I would never have tolerated flatbread.  I did not really like yogurt, but mix it with some sugar-free Cool Whip and love it that way.  I used protein shakes to make sugar free ice cream.

I also love a scoop of ricotta cheese, topped with a little spaghetti sauce and warmed in the microwave.  Reminds me of lasagna.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gwen M.
on 6/20/14 5:05 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Lots of people have issues with eggs and bread is not a good choice to be making.  Have you tried soft fish like tilapia?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Bmspc
on 6/20/14 8:00 am

I know bread is not great. Sometimes I am out and have no time to plan.  Like today. I am at the jersey shore with 5 kids and there is NOTHING healthy in site.  I went to the frozen custard place and asked if they had a sugar free selection and the man looked at me like I had six eyes. lol. But I can go a few blocks inland and find a place that sells seafood and ask for grilled of steamed white fillet fish. Great idea!!thank you

jhiggins80
on 6/20/14 11:41 am

Black beans and low-fat cheese might work better. Also, I was told to pour in mootopia milk with the eggs so they're not so dry! 

Tereasa R.
on 6/23/14 5:18 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 05/29/14

I'll be 4 week post-op on Thursday. I've had 2 spells with eggs. The first time was with scrambled eggs. I didn't chew them well enough. Now I do the poached eggs. I did have one spell with them, but it's because I cooked it too long so it was a little dry. I eat 1 poached egg with 1 slice of Rye bread. So far eggs are the only thing that I've had a hard time with but it was more me than my stomach.

I eat a lot of fat free refried beans with fat free shredded cheese and salsa. It's easy for me being at work all day. I'm going to try the ricotta cheese and sauce though. That sounds good :)

Tereasa R.  5' 2" - HW: 269 / SW: 267 / CW: 184 / GW: 140

Most Active