7 days post op .... can't drink those protein shakes... help

TinaInTexas
on 9/14/14 1:19 am

Good morning, I had my VS on Monday the 8th of Sept, feeling okay but having issues with getting the protein in. I can't stomach the all the different drinks that seemed okay before but now want to make me hurl.

So I found I can eat flan { I know, I know } but it has 6 gm per serving and I only eat 2 or 3. I am also drinking Ensure Plus { 13 gm } and yougarts / cottage cheese ....question, should I be worried about my choices or is it more important to get the protein in ?

Dr Dirk said in his home guild, as long as it is blended, it is okay to eat .... still worried because of they type of food. Hubby is more concerned with getting me past the 3 wk liquid.

Thoughts and Thanks,

Tina

poet_kelly
on 9/14/14 1:22 am - OH

If your doctor says it's ok to eat flan, then I guess it's OK to eat it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gwen M.
on 9/14/14 1:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Milk is a pretty good source of protein, are you able to drink it?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 9/14/14 2:01 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Flan has way too much sugar and carbs.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/14/14 2:50 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On September 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM Pacific Time, Professor Sonja!!!! wrote:

Flan has way too much sugar and carbs.  

Got to give a big nod of agreement here.  I mean, things like flan got us here in the first place.

To the OP:  A little harsh -- but you aren't the first one to have to stomach a post-op diet with changed tastes afterwards.  Your success is largely based on your ability to make the best choices on your plan.  Why not try other options in protein drinks rather than eating flan?

Good Luck!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Eggface
on 9/14/14 4:28 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Tina, Try some other proteins and try mixing them with different milks. Sometimes it's the combo of milk & protein... thin the milk a bit w/ water or try lactose free milk or soy. Here are a few more tips.

Travel mugs are great, any smell or foaminess is eliminated.

Make shakes out of cottage cheese and yogurt like this: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/07/cherr y-heaven.html or this http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/03/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in.html

Best to you!! 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

bellamorte17
on 9/14/14 5:34 am
VSG on 09/10/14

I ha my surgery sept 10 and am on a clear liquid only diet until sept 19. Was on clear liquids since 2 days prior to surgery so I would give anything for a protein shake or bite of cottage cheese today. LOL

Most Active