pain without calcium supplements???

wendy_fou
on 9/24/14 7:13 pm - AR

I'm asking this on the general forum & on the RNY forum because I seem to be an anomaly from what I'm hearing among RNYers and post-ops in general (so far that I've asked privately).

I'm about 8 years out and have been VERY vigilant about my supplementation until this year when, for just various life reasons, I have missed a few days here and there lately of my vitamins.  I have noticed when I missed my calcium more than 3 or 4 days in a row, I actually start aching.  And I do mean ACHING as in TANGIBLE PAIN.  It stops when I start up again after a day or so. 

This isn't in my mind because it took me a few times missing to even narrow down that that is what it was that was causing it (the only thing I had in "common" with the pain coming on that could have been causing it that I can tell).  I really honestly believe that is it as hard as it is to believe.

So at the risk of looking stupid for believing it (which I do at this point since the evidence is overwhelming as far as I'm concerned as far as the timing and the lack of other coinciding factors), I'm asking if anyone else has ever had PAIN when stopping and/or missing several days in a row of calcium supplements? 

Thanks

Wen

Gwen M.
on 9/24/14 9:52 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

This sounds concerning :/ What does your doc think the problem is?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/24/14 10:18 pm

Sometimes calcium helps with muscle spasms and tensions.  But you do need a detailed blood work to see what's going on. Even bone scan if the doc can order that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

wendy_fou
on 9/28/14 11:50 am - AR

all bloodwork looks great - bonescan looks great - DR clueless

Most Active