What are all these abbreviations?

brandito
on 10/13/14 12:59 pm

Newbie here and I see all sorts of abbreviations. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?  And what is a slider food?  Things like NUT, DH, NSV, etc. thank you!!  

RNY 11/18/14 5'4" HW: 255 SW: 236 CW: 190.8 GW: 125...although 140 may be more realistic...can't comprehend what's possible!

Pre-op -11.6 lbs, M1 -13.6 lbs, M2 -10 lbs, M3 -6.8 lbs, M4 -7.6 lbs, M5 -3.8, M6 -3.0, and counting!

Member Services
on 10/13/14 1:08 pm - Irvine, CA

Here is a link to some of the board abbreviations...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/messageboardlingo.html

Member Services
on 10/13/14 1:10 pm - Irvine, CA

NUT = nutritionist

DH = Darling Husband

NSV = Non scale victory

Mary Gee
on 10/13/14 8:06 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Welcome aboard!!  I was confused in the beginning too, but the more you read, the abbreviations clear themselves up.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/13/14 10:44 pm - OH

Slider foods are foods like yogurt that are "slippery" in texture and don't stay in the sleeve or stomach very long and therefore don't satisfy your hunger for very long (and can cause you to eat too much or too often).  Eight ounces of Greek yogurt, although a very healthy choice, won't keep you feeling full as long as just two ounces of "dense protein" (e.g., beef, chicken, or beans).

A few people, though, apparently use the term to describe foods that are danger foods that may allow them to "slide" back into bad habits (e.g. pretzels or crackers).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Karen M.
on 10/13/14 11:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Actually, in my definition, crackers, pretzels and the like are slider foods. I consider slider foods to be anything that can be chewed and completely disintegrated (like chips, crackers) and therefore "slide" through the stomach/pouch, along with yogurt, pudding and other items mentioned.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

hollykim
on 10/14/14 12:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

NSV non scale victory like being able to cross your legs

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/14 2:08 am, edited 10/14/14 2:09 am

also.. 

BS = regular BS or Blood Sugar

RH= reactive hypoglycemia.

also: 3 major WLS = weight loss surgeries..

RNY = gastric bypass

VSG -  Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG)

DS = Duodenal Switch  (DS)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active