Surely I'm not the only one struggling when it comes to mental & emotional health and...

Andie74
on 3/13/15 10:48 am
RNY on 05/05/15

Hmmm.... was that a fat shaming jab?   Classy; being on the Obesity Help Forum!  Hahaha!   You're a peach, Hala.   It's obvious to everyone *****ad your post that your questions were not authentic.  They were sarcastic and pious.   The content of your post was not touchy for me.   Honestly, I agreed with the content - just not the catty delivery.  Everyone else managed to say the same thing as you, but in a supportive way.   

I think before you start giving anyone else advice on the 'journey' you should re-examine why you feel you need to attack those in their moment of weakness.   It could come back to bite you in your journey.... kinda like that proverbial cookie.   :)

**Drops the mic and walks away** 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/15 11:37 am

Not sure where you got the fat shami by job.  Great imagination.. Sensitive much you are. 

bless you heart..you really reading more into the text than there is. 

Btw - i make and eat cookies all the time...  I just make mine the keto /grain free way.  There is nothing wrong with cookies... 

Will it be better if i say

"go get some protein drink, and chill? ". 

Be cool and have yogurt? 

Really... Chill girl... 

Whatever rocks your boat.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cathey9338
on 3/16/15 2:15 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with

Yikes...  "smile and have a cookie ..  things will be fine.. "

Laura in Texas
on 3/12/15 10:26 pm

Your response is condescending. You just joined and this is your first post? Really? I have known H.a.l.a on these forums for 7 years now. She has been through a lot and has worked through her own issues. She is the perfect one to respond to this thread.

Those of us who have been here a while try to help others. That does not mean we hold their hand and tell them everything is alright when they are obviously NOT doing what they should. We tell it like it is. Take responsibility for your actions. Period. No once can do it for you.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Andie74
on 3/13/15 9:04 am
RNY on 05/05/15

Who cares if this is my first post?   Is my opinion less valid because I haven't commented before?  :)   How about we just stick to the topic?  

I'm sure Hala is great... I'm sure we are all great.   She may have given some fantastic advice in the past but this time she dropped the ball.   The poster stated herself that she wasn't doing what she was supposed to... and was reaching out for help out of obvious desperation.   She's going through some kind of depression, and Hala's opening line was spoken like a bully.   If you go back and re-read her comment, and pretend that it was you who was asking for support, I'm sure your opinion of "helping" someone would be different.

Laura in Texas
on 3/13/15 9:51 am

Stick to topic? Who made you the boss of me??? I can post whatever I want in a public forum.

It's suspicious when people join and immediately start attacking other members. Most likely you are already a member here and just created a new account with a new persona. It happens all the time.

You seem to have a lot of anger. I hope you are in counseling or this journey will be a rough one for you. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Andie74
on 3/13/15 10:39 am
RNY on 05/05/15

You are making my point.   I try to bring Hali's attention to her bullying post against a woman "struggling", and your only comments are catty and off topic.   Typical mean girl behaviour.   First,  I'm a new poster so my opinion must not be valid.   Then, I must be an old poster, so my opinion must not be valid.   Finally, I have anger, so again my opinion must not be valid.    This is laughable, because even if I was new, old, angry, education, uneducated, married or single - my point was made.    : )   All the other posters managed to say the same thing to our original poster, only politely and without the sarcasm.  I've been reading posts here for quite a while and haven't felt the need to comment before, because for some reason this woman's vulnerability coupled with Hali's mean-spirited reply just called me to her defense.  

I'm bored of this conversation and will never get through to you since bullies will be bullies.   Especially behind a computer screen.   Good luck to you....  

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/15 10:47 am
RNY on 08/21/12

No one was bullying anyone, but you seem to be building towards it yourself. 

Do you not see anything catty and off-topic in your own posts?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Andie74
on 3/13/15 11:01 am
RNY on 05/05/15

No I don't Grim.    I feel like I'm speaking up for someone who seems to be in a vulnerable spot.   Hopefully, it will make anyone reading it a little more sensitive to how they treat others if they think they may be called to the mat.  

Grim_Traveller
on 3/13/15 11:05 am
RNY on 08/21/12

"All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness."

-- Tennessee Williams

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active