Surely I'm not the only one struggling when it comes to mental & emotional health and...

Andie74
on 3/13/15 11:15 am
RNY on 05/05/15

Just so I'm understanding where you're coming from; you believe that Hala was actually trying to clarify what the OP was asking?   She was just unsure of what exactly what advice the OP was requesting?    Because I took that to be a sarcastic and rhetorical question.   If I were reaching out and read that as an opening line, I'm not sure I would be hearing what Hala was saying in the following paragraphs.   I don't always jump in when I read something that I consider bullying - but like I said before... this OP seemed to need support at this time.   Why not from me.  If more people rallied when they saw something they perceived to be bullying behaviour, there would be a lot more peace for the vulnerable.   No?

There were many no-nonsense replies (such as your own) which were very helpful and intuitive.   Hala's was just not one of them in my opinion.  

Andie74
on 3/13/15 11:22 am
RNY on 05/05/15

For the record...even Laura's post was no-nonsense and helpful.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/15 11:51 am

I think my post reached you more that you want to admit. It is all about you...

what was your old account? You seems to know more about me that i know about myself...

Or is it projecting.?

You read my questions and saw sarcazm..: "Men see what he is"...interesting. 

Many time people project on others what is inside them. You do need help. Really. 

And since you don't like cookies.....chill it lady..drink some water....or whatever...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rocky513
on 3/13/15 11:53 am - WI

Andie,   I find it disturbing that you are assigning motive to Hala when you don't even know her.  She has been one of the most helpful posters on these boards and has a wealth of knowledge to impart. Her cir****tances are unique from complications she has suffered relating to her surgery and has a vastly different view from most of us.  She is very willing to share and help others.  English is not Hala's first language.  She is European.   If you bothered to get to know her, you would know that.  Sometimes her "wordage" is a little different than what we Americans would use.  I don't have ANY DOUBT that her motives were honest and not mean spirited.

SHAME ON YOU!!!!   You owe her an apology.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Andie74
on 3/13/15 12:35 pm
RNY on 05/05/15

By that thinking, if Ghandi called me out of my name, it's not an insult because Ghandi is the sweetest person ever.    Even otherwise nice people MAKE MISTAKES.    If she really did indeed mean to ask honest questions of the OP and I have completely misunderstood; that would be a huge shock to me.   I also have quite a few European friends, and while the wording and spelling my be misconstrued, it's still considered confrontational to ask rhetorical questions.  

It's funny because half the people defending Hala say that I should get to know her better because she's been around so long, and the other half (including Hala) seem to believe that I'm a creeper ex-forum troll who made a new account just to come after her.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/15 11:43 am

You are assuming way to much annoy me and the OP..

Wonder reallywhoo you are...out were in prevois s account? Fresh account ...hmmmm..interesting. 

Smell a troll ...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Andie74
on 3/13/15 12:42 pm
RNY on 05/05/15

Nope....not a previous member.   Just someone trying to stand up for the little guy.  

Janice N.
on 3/14/15 12:05 pm - MO
Mini Gastric Bypass on 10/01/14
On March 13, 2015 at 7:42 PM Pacific Time, Andie74 wrote:

Nope....not a previous member.   Just someone trying to stand up for the little guy.  

Andie I am so proud of you for standing up! Good job!!!!

cathey9338
on 3/16/15 1:25 pm, edited 3/16/15 1:26 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with

Thank you... ;-)

Too bad we can't delete this whole sub-discussion because - as usual - it distracts from the real original question and in my experience that is what so often happens when the topic touches the "mental & emotional health" nerve.

cathey9338
on 3/16/15 2:12 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with
Most Active