Ideas needed for 7 year anniversary support group party

Tammy H.
on 4/13/15 12:48 am - Greenville, OH

I am leader of our  * Little by Little * weight loss support group...We hold an anniversary party each year to celebrate being together...We will be having a HEALTHY carry-in meal...I am trying to come up with something fun, different, educational to do at our party...We recently put up a lot of fliers around town, and ads in local newspapers about our group and when we meet and etc...I wouldn't want a new guest to walk in just to find us eating and nothing else...I want to make sure we have something educational for them to learn about, so they won't have a bad first impression...We have discussed so many different topics in the past 7 years that its hard to find something new...One of our members is going to sing a couple of songs, plus we will have a few door prizes...If anyone has any ideas to help make this anniversary party a success, I would sure appreciate your thoughts on this...Thank you, Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/13/15 1:53 am
VSG on 12/06/12

How about some mental health stuff? Look up DBT and CBT it can very easily be applied to WLS. Also maybe some mindfulness meditation?

Tammy H.
on 4/13/15 5:45 pm - Greenville, OH

Thanks for the ideas...I will google that.

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/15 8:23 am

I think what would be a good idea is maybe having someone who does make up.  I think you should all have on gowns if you want. Or just get really dressed up. It is so much fun to do that. 

I think the whole what you look like perception after surgery . Grasping the fact you are smaller and how the image of yourself can be clouded by the way you used to look like. 

Tammy H.
on 4/13/15 5:46 pm - Greenville, OH

Thank you for the ideas.

Mary Gee
on 4/13/15 9:47 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Don't have any suggestions........but if you're looking to increase membership, you should take some pictures and write up something about your group, and forward it to your local paper.  I used to do that for my daughter's sports activities.  The paper always published it, including the pictures.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Tammy H.
on 4/13/15 5:49 pm - Greenville, OH

I have put articles in several papers, plus online on several sites that is associated with the newspapers, plus it was put on our cable tv channel, and now we are in the process of putting fliers up in our city plus surrounding cities...We've put up approx 50 fliers so far....Sure takes a lot of work, but its well worth it because we want to get the word out to those who are needing support.

MegZorar
on 4/13/15 11:30 am

Before/after fashion show! Clothes, shoes, sexyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Slides with their old photos, then they strut their stuff live. Will show audience how much the surgery changes lives.The host can highlight a few scale/non-scale victories for each model.

Tammy H.
on 4/13/15 5:49 pm - Greenville, OH

This sounds awesome, thanks for the idea...Tammy

Most Active